How to Change a Belief
A belief is basically an assumed truth. Beliefs are not true or false, they are simply beneficial or detrimental. Our subjective realities always become the manifestation of what we expect and we expect according to our beliefs.
A belief is simply a thought which has been thought so often that it has manifested physically into "proof" and then that proof helps you to back up the thought with acceptance, trust and expectation. That acceptance, trust and expectation in a thought is a belief. A belief is basically an assumed truth. Beliefs are not true or false, they are simply beneficial or detrimental.
Our subjective realities always become the manifestation of what we expect and we expect according to our beliefs. So, in order for our realities and lives to change, we must change our beliefs.
In this episode, Teal explains the step by step process of changing a detrimental belief into a beneficial belief without lying to ourselves, so that our realities can become the manifestation of only those beliefs that benefit us individually.
The Steps for Changing a Detrimental Belief are:
1. Identify the belief.
2. Decide if the belief is beneficial or detrimental to you.
3. Decide what you would rather believe instead.
4. Determine the emotional pay off that the negative belief is providing for you and decide if the emotional pay off is worth keeping the belief or not. If not, decide you are ready to let go of it.
5. Seek out alternative evidence and alternative explanations which undermine the validity of your detrimental belief. Replace the evidence you've been using to back up and support your detrimental belief with evidence that undermines it!
6. Look for evidence and proof to back up the beneficial belief which you would rather believe.
7. Use affirmations that work. These are affirmations which feel good to think, that you DO believe... NOT affirmations which make you more aware of where you aren't and feel like a lie because they contradict your own sense of intelligence.
8. Without immediately taking inventory of your reality (out of distrust of the process), simply give your self some time to let the new beliefs take root and ALLOW your reality to change.
Soon after you deliberately change your thoughts, you'll be looking at tangible proof in a reality that backs up your new thought to such a degree that the new thought will then become a firm belief. But this time, it will be one which benefits you and your life!If you are in a crisis or if you or any other person may be in danger - don't use this site.
These resources can provide you with immediate help (click here).
Download Audio On Premium