We are blocked from living in harmony with our true nature. We are prevented from living in the state of awareness. We are blocked from these things because we do not take the time to inquire within ourselves. Under normal conditions, we humans experience ourselves only partially. We do not experience ourselves in our authentic reality. We experience ourselves only through a thick veil of beliefs, images, ideas, memories, desires, external expectations, labels, assumptions, and things we think we know. All of these things are accumulated from the past. And so it can be said that we experience ourselves only through the veil of our personal past. This veil is sewn across the fabric of our true self in the now. It is sewn so tightly that we do not see the fabric of ourselves underneath.
The external life, is not the source of a man’s suffering. The internal life is the source of a man’s suffering. Internally is where we must look if we want to find what is in need of the presence of our consciousness. Self-inquiry excavates the truth of our perspectives and feelings. It brings us home to ourselves. Today, Instead of listening to my voice, I want you to hear your own voice. I am going to put forth a collection of questions today will lead you back to the truth of yourself in the now. Answer them at your earliest convenience. Share yourself with yourself by answering them at your earliest convenience. Or share yourself with the rest of us by answering them in the comment section below this blog.
1. What do I want to experience out of life before I die?
2. How do I want to grow?
3. What/How do I want to contribute?
4. What is my number one priority in my life?
5. What would you do differently if you knew there would be no consequences (Ie. No one would judge you)?
6. What are my top ten needs?
7. How am I living fully?
8. How am I not living fully?
9. How am I loving fully?
10. How am I not loving fully?
11. If you could do your life over again, what would you do differently?
12. What am I doing because I think it will eventually make me happy, but that is currently making me unhappy?
13. If I found out I was going to die in a year, what would I do today and for the rest of the year I had left?
14. What is preventing me from doing those things now, regardless of how long I have to live?
15. What could I do to make myself feel even better right now and enjoy right now even more?
16. What pain do you want (In other words, if pain was unavoidable, what are you willing to struggle for)?
17. Who do you love and what are you doing about it? What are you not doing about it?
18. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?
19. What belief is the best belief you possess? And what belief is the most painful belief you possess?
20. What ten things are you the most grateful for in your life?