The crown chakra is located at the very top of your head. If you place your thumbs at the top of your ears and extend your index fingers straight to meet each other, and then lower them to touch the top of your head, that is where your crown chakra is. The crown chakra is the chakra most associated with our spiritual connection. This is a fairly odd view because all chakras are in fact part of our spiritual connection. The physical body is a manifestation of source energy and so it is no less spiritual than the etheric body. But the crown chakra is associated with our conscious connection to source or the divine. It is seen as a bridge to the cosmos. When the crown chakra is open and in alignment, it’s appearance can look a bit like a halo, which is in fact one reason why so may of the spiritual drawings done thousands of years ago of spiritually transcendent beings like angels or saints show them with halos. As a person progresses through the path of awareness, the energy coming through this chakra (and all of the chakras in fact) has the tendency to change color from a deep violet purple, to a white light. The crown chakra is the center of consciousness, highest potential, intuitive knowing, integration of the whole, the opportunity to become a living embodiment of your higher self, the achievement of living enlightenment, the present moment, meaning, the bigger picture, devotion, trust, inspiration, the absence of ego, oneness and unity to name a few. Even though all chakras can be seen as a doorway for source energy to come into physical life, the crown chakra is the doorway for our conscious and eternal knowing and to come into physical life. When a chakra is out of alignment, meaning it is not letting life force in or is out of alignment for any number of reasons, it starts to affect your equilibrium. It becomes a serious imbalance within the system. When chakras are out of alignment, they appear small and do not absorb or emit much energy. They also change in their color, patterning, texture and sound.
There are a great many things that cause the crown chakra to go out of alignment. But for the sake of this video, it is important to note that the three biggest causes of blockages to the crown chakra are secular thinking, disbelief or distrust in spirituality, source energy or the eternal self and betrayal. It should come as no surprise then that atheists and to a lesser degree agnostics have the most out of alignment crown chakras.
An unhealthy crown chakra can lead to conditions like brain cancer, bone cancer, multiple sclerosis, apathy, epilepsy, chronic pain, glandular disorders, sleep dysfunction, lymph system disorders, nervous system disorders, migraines, coma, stroke, mental illness, loneliness, isolation, Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, existential crisis and amnesia to name a few. If your crown chakra is out of alignment, your biological rhythm will also be thrown off. Why would you want to open your crown chakra, aside from the fact that you most likely want to avoid lining up with the various negative effects of an unhealthy crown chakra? Opening your crown chakra will allow you to see the bigger picture, which is critical when we are in a space of confusion or fear. It will give us the ability to receive insight and messages from other dimensional realities. It will give us a sense of peace. It will imbue us with wisdom, it will make us feel at one with our life and where we are, and it will help us to understand others. It will cause us to feel energized and inspired. It will dispel our confusion; it will allow us to reach our highest potential and it will help us to trust ourselves and the universe at large.
So how do we open our crown chakra?
- Many of the dimensional realities outside the physical dimension do not have a time space aspect to them. This means to think something is to cause the thing to happen or to be instantly. It’s a “think china, in china” kind of thing. Where as in the physical dimension there is a time and space buffer between thought and thing. The chakra system influences the physical but is a multidimensional aspect of you (which is why they are invisible to most people). This means if you think of your crown chakra opening or visualize it opening, it opens. The visualization I see working the best is when people imagine their crown chakra as a rich violet colored vortex like opening in the top of their head. They then visualize expanding it to about a foot wide, spinning clockwise and pulling golden light energy from the universe, into it and down into their body.
- Meditation. Meditation opens the crown chakra. Any stilling of the mind is going to allow the consciousness to open up to receiving. These meditations can be moving meditations, mindfulness sitting meditations, or guided meditations for example. I have designed a guided meditation specifically for opening the crown chakra so if you’re interested in that, click on the link.
- Seek out things that cause you to feel inspired. Inspiration is your indication that your crown chakra is opening. This might mean listen to inspiring music, read an inspiring book, watch an inspiring movie, write positive affirmations that you actually believe, or take a walk in nature. Anything that inspires you will open your crown chakra.
- Spend time in silence. Even though the crown chakra can be influenced to open by sound, it is also influenced to open by silence more so than any of the other chakras.
- Mess with your own thoughts. The more rigid your thoughts and beliefs are, and the more closed minded you are, the more closed this chakra will be. So question your thoughts, try to see how the opposite of your thoughts are true, change your beliefs, open your mind to radical new perspectives, and seek out new knowledge and perspective anywhere you can find it. Make a habit of messing with your own mind. Develop a kind of willingness to consider than anything might just be true.
- Spend time outdoors. Especially on mountaintops. The crown chakra is particularity influenced by atmosphere. I should say by the way atmosphere influences your thoughts. Fresh air and sunlight and large panoramic views witnessed from above in natural surroundings cause people’s thoughts to come into a frequency that allows the crown chakra to be open.
- Practice appreciative notice. This means, look for things that you enjoy looking at and feel grateful for. Doing this causes your frequency to entrain with your eternal perspective. It opens a channel through your body, starting with the crown chakra so source energy can run straight through your body. My favorite way to do this is to make myself sit down and write a list of all the things I notice that I appreciate in the moment I am in.
Chakras are influenced by a great many things. One of the things the crown chakra it is influenced by is chanting and sounding. You may have your favorite chant already, if not go looking for some. Play with tones. The sound that the crown chakra tends to respond to the most is NG. So hum that sound and find the tone that causes the very top of your head to vibrate. Hold that sound for as long as you want to. Traditionally this is done with a specific mudra (hand position) that causes your energetic meridians to come into a specific alignment, this time with the crown chakra. To do this put your hands in prayer position in front of the pit of your stomach. Then, leaving the ring fingers touching and pointing up, cross the rest of your fingers with the left thumb under the right. Chant the NG sound while your hands are in this position for about five minutes. Some people prefer to use the chant OM, I do not think that OM works to open the crown chakra as well as NG does.
Alternatively, you can cross your fingers of both hands in a prayer position where the fingers are down instead of up and then extend your pinkie fingers to touch one another outstretched. Then rotate your fists so your thumbs are pointed towards you and your pinkie fingers are pointed up and away from you and chant NG. See which mudra works the best for you. Crystal bowls and binaural tones designed for the crown chakra also cause the crown chakra to open.
- Head massages and headstands actually help your crown chakra to open. It is not the physical manipulation of the head itself that is doing it though, it is the fact that by massaging your head or standing on your head, you are bringing your conscious attention to that area of yourself and then by virtue of the way that massaging or downward blood flow feels, you are releasing the mental tension that is prohibiting the energy from entering in through your chakra and so, the energy can flow in through the chakra.
- Surround yourself with things that vibrate at a like frequency with the crown chakra. Here’s a list of some of these things: The color violet purple, Amethyst, Sugilite, Charoite, all clear stones especially Apophyllite and Danburite, frankincense, myrrh, lotus, sage, juniper, lavender, amber, copal, purple cabbage and the all powerful red mimosa flower to name a few.
- Spiritual medicines that contain DMT open the crown chakra. I prefer to teach people how to reach states of spiritual awakening, including an open crown chakra through less drastic measures that can be controlled by consciousness alone so we do not need anything outside ourselves to achieve these states. But you may feel called to try those medicines. So trust your own inner guidance when it comes to this decision.
- Acts of love. When we are expressing love, both towards ourselves and towards others we are in a frequency that causes the crown chakra to open. The best way to do this for yourself is to write a list of all the ways that you are lovable. Really dedicate time each day to self-love in whatever way we feel called to do it. Also, do acts of kindness towards others. This connects us with each other, which is like food for a chakra that is all about oneness. It may sound a bit trite, but go ahead and try it. Do something nice for someone and close your eyes and pay attention to how your body feels after you’ve done it. You will notice that it has caused you to feel better about the world and more inspired and this is how you know the act has opened your crown chakra.
- Fasting. Fasting in a healthy way affects the crown chakra particularly well. Put some effort into choosing the right fast for you. Be sure to prepare you body for it in advance and to monitor your body during the fast and also to gradually break the fast. If simply opening the crown chakra is your prerogative, try a six-hour or a twelve-hour fast only. You will notice that when people feel confused and in a state of despair or fear most people lose their appetite. The same goes for animals that are unwell. This resets the body and it also allows for the body to have to defer to the crown chakra to gain it’s energy and as a result we have greater access to insight and clarity and solutions. This is also why fasting has been a spiritual practice in so many spiritual traditions for so many thousands of years.
We have to remember that we are not just a body made of flesh and bone. We are also conscious energy. The healthier the flow of that energy, the better our life experience will be. So try out these tips and by doing so, allow yourself to open up to a much more comprehensive and transcendental perspective.
Choose Your Message
Designed to provide you with the specific message that you are the closest vibrational match to at the moment.