When the scientific process came about, suddenly we were able to trace backwards and recognize the physical cause of illnesses and ailments. Illnesses ceased to be an abstract, etheric form of punishment. For example, suddenly we were able to see that the plague was not caused by God as a punishment for prostitution. Instead, we were able to see that it was caused by a bacteria transmitted by fleas and rodents.
Knowing the physical cause of ailments is an essential part of healing from them. However, we lost something when we began to believe that the physical cause of an illness was in fact the root cause of the illness itself. We lost the knowledge that the story of what caused an ailment starts way before we even see a physical cause. Saying that an ailment began with the obvious physical cause of that ailment is the same as saying that the song you are listening to comes from the radio on your nightstand. When we all know that the story of where the song actually came from, begins way, way back before it reached the radio on your nightstand.
Knowing that, I’m just going to lead off this episode with a statement… Ailments begin mentally and emotionally. They then become physical. The physical cause of the illness that you are experiencing, is just that, it is a manifestation of a deeper mental and emotional root cause.
It is hard for us to see the power that the mind has over the body because we can’t “see” the mind. It is abstract to us. But play a game with me. Close your eyes and think of biting into a lemon. Imagine the way it smells and tastes. Did any of you experience your sour reflex being triggered in the back of your jaw? The mind does not know the difference between something imagined and something that is happening in the world. It is all REAL to the mind. And so, the body reacts. The body is reflecting what is happening in the mind and the emotions exactly.
We are not conscious of the reaction in our body to our thoughts and subsequent emotions. Are you aware when you are stressed at work that your stomach is tight and your body has shut down blood flow to your extremities and your body is flooding with cortisol and your heart is working double time to cope and your liver is breaking don glycogen like crazy? No, chances are that you are simply focused on whatever is stressing you out. So, if you develop something like heart disease, you will be baffled as to why. You do not recognize the cause of the effect.
This is even truer when the root cause of our ailments began emotionally and mentally way back in childhood. For example, cancer is caused by deep, unresolved grief in childhood. But this is the very last thing people think of when they are diagnosed with cancer. Instead, they look to environmental factors for the cause of cancer and rush straight in for chemotherapy treatments.
Ultimately, the root cause of our problems is in fact trauma; emotional and mental trauma that is unresolved. When we think trauma, we need to think much broader than we currently do. Trauma is simply a distressing or unpleasant experience. Looking through this lens, we can see that something as simple as being taught a painful belief about the world is a trauma. Being weaned is a trauma. Something like rape or war is simply an extreme form of trauma. A trauma is an experience that puts us in a state of resistance, most especially a state of fear. All too often, we survive trauma and dissociate from it instead of move through it and complete it. If we do not find a way to resolve the trauma, it becomes an ailment. It impedes our expansion. It causes the blueprint of our being to be affected and the physical body manifests as a direct response to that blueprint.
So what about ailments where you can actually see a physical cause, such as radiation or accident injury, such as a car wreck? That’s where you think you have me right? Think again. In this universe, which is based on the law of attraction, like is drawn to like. You can only experience something you are a vibrational match to. This means, you ‘lined up with’ that physical cause in the physical dimension because of the deeper, emotional and mental cause. For example, unresolved grief makes us a vibrational match to tragedy. For this reason, it is not unheard of for a demographic of people, suffering from similar unresolved grief, to be a match to a collective tragedy that triggers cancer, such as a nuclear disaster.
This is the real reason why you can expose some people to a physical ‘cause’ such as a virus and find they are immune, whereas other people immediately succumb to it.
The same is true for accidents. The two most common vibrations people have that makes them a match to accidents is a feeling of powerlessness and also a thought pattern of self punishment. An accident neutralizes our guilt and it is also a reflection of a prior trauma that is unresolved. To even line up with an accident, there has to be a mental and emotional issue in place. And I will tell you that where your body is injured in an accident is also no mistake. There already has to be a weakness present in the area for the injury to be caused to that area.
Thoughts and emotions even affect gene expression. This is why an adopted child is at risk for breast cancer as much as a genetically related child is when they are adopted into a family that is predisposed for breast cancer. They are adopting the mental and emotional patterns of the family that raises them and this effects how genes are expressed. We have to start thinking about genes like playing cards. Just because you are dealt certain genes, doesn’t mean they will automatically be played.
The hardest part for people to swallow when they become aware of the deeper, root cause of ailments is the idea that they had something to do with their illness or accident. It’s tempting to immediately go into a space of self-blame or to think that metaphysicians like myself are blaming and shaming others for their illnesses. This is not the case at all. No one chooses consciously to be sick or to get into an accident. Obviously if you were conscious of all the processes taking place in your mind and body, you would always choose health. But our conscious and subconscious processes are complicated. We are unaware of most of what is going on in our minds and emotions and bodies. So, before we go on let’s just set the record straight. It is not your fault you are sick or got into an accident or whatever else you are suffering from. Now that it has happened, we have been called to become aware and conscious of all the emotional, mental and even physical factors contributing to the problem. We are being called to awaken and to make changes. Nothing more and nothing less.
Also, I am all for approaching an ailment from all angles. I love the idea of approaching it from an energetic standpoint, a mental standpoint, an emotional standpoint and a physical stand point, but never forget that the physical standpoint is quite literally the itty bitty tip of the iceberg and unless the greater part of the iceberg is addressed, any physical step you take to cure the ailment, will fall short. The ailment is likely to simply come right back because the blueprint for the ailment did not change at all.
The body is trying to communicate with us about our being through maladies. It is trying to tell us what is out of alignment, what is best for us and what we truly desire. The approach to ailments needs to be “what is my body trying to say?” So, I ask that even if you are skeptical; consider this way of approaching ailments for curiosity sake. It doesn’t hurt to try on this perspective.
So, once you have manifested an ailment, what should you do to discover the root of that ailment?
- An ailment is always a manifestation of a prior vibration that has been active within you. It is nothing more than a magnification or an exaggeration of the root cause. This knowledge helps us see the number one best way to discover the root of your ailment. So ask yourself, how does this ailment make me feel? How do I feel about it? And what thoughts does it cause me to think? Those feelings and thoughts existed before the ailment you are experiencing today. They are the things that are unresolved and unhealed. For example to simplify, acne makes most people feel really insecure about how they appear to others. But feelings of insecurity about how they appear to others and thus how they are accepted by others is in fact what causes acne to begin with. Think back in your recent and distant past to what could truly be causing you to feel that way and think those thoughts. This is the real wounding that needs resolution.
- Focus in on the onset of the ailment. Ask yourself, when did this ailment happen or when did the symptoms first appear? How had you been feeling and what had you been thinking in the months and weeks before the ailment appeared or the accident happened? For example, you might discover that you started feeling your ulcers when you started having relationship problems and were feeling really resentful towards your partner and critical of yourself.
- Ask yourself, what is this ailment preventing me from having or doing? If I allow myself to have that in my life, what would be wrong with that? Our body does not manifest ailments to hurt us. Your body is not against you, it is for you. So you must consider that the ailment you have is your body’s subconscious attempt to assist you. If your body was trying to help you by doing this, what would it be trying to help and why? For more about this concept, I want you to watch my video on YouTube titled: The Hidden Positive Intention (the key to letting go). Here is an example, people who develop MS, tend to feel unsupported. But they do not feel worthy to ask for help. So the body then shuts down its capability so other people have to pitch in and do their part. The being can then experience being supported by others. Another example is that some women who suffer from infertility have a subconscious aspect of them that does not want a child at all. Perhaps their own childhood was painful and unresolved. The body is actually trying to help them by not getting pregnant. Some people who get cancer have deep unresolved childhood grief about the emotional neglect they experienced. As a result of their upbringing they have become people who only ever do what they ‘have to do’. Cancer is the body’s way of saying ‘stop doing what you have to do… start living by doing what you want to do or there is no point to living so we will die’. We have to be willing to consider that the ailments we manifest are here to serve us in some way. Even if it’s simply to make us aware of something that needs to change.
- All ailments are a byproduct of resistance to something. The question is, to what? Expansion in life is the byproduct of desire. We have to allow ourselves to flow in the direction of what we want. When we think thoughts and take actions that allow us to move towards what we want, we are allowing. When we think thoughts and take actions that disallow us from moving towards what we want, we are resisting. For example, wanting money but thinking “money doesn’t grow on trees” is resisting. It diminishes the flow of energy through our body. It makes us a match to scarcity instead of abundance. And so, we have to ask ourselves, what is this ailment showing me that I am resisting? For example, joints are about flexibility. So if you’re having a joint issue, ask yourself, how am I not being flexible in my life? Resistance takes place on a mental, emotional and physical level. So our aim should be to find the mental block, the emotional block and the physical block that is preventing the expansion (healing) of any ailment we are experiencing.
- The oldest trick in the metaphysical book is to look at the manifestation of the ailment literally. Research what experts have to say about the ailment and then think about it on an emotional and mental level as literally as possible. Such as, a cramp is a contraction, stopping the process of something. Then considering how you are doing that in your life. Ask how am I contracting in my life right now and why? And ask yourself how you were doing that prior to the manifestation of the ailment. Another example is, Asthma. Asthma is an issue with “I can’t breathe”. Ask yourself, what in my life is making me feel like I can’t breathe”. If your body was conversing with you through the ailment as literally as possible, what would it be trying to tell you about you and your life and what needs to change?
- Talk directly to the ailment itself or to the area that is affected in meditation. This is an intuitive process. We forget that we are imbued with consciousness. This means every part of us has consciousness. Connect to this aspect of you as if it has something to say to you. For example, if you have cancer, close your eyes and begin to feel the cancer. What does it feel like? If it looked like something, what would it look like? If it had a sound, what would it sound like? Then imagine it has a voice of its own and begin to mentally ask it questions. Any and every question you can think of is good to ask. For example, why are you here? What do you need me to change? How are you trying to help me? The sky is the limit to the questions you could ask and don’t be afraid to involve other people in your life to think up questions to ask it. If you get stuck, you can do a left hand writing exercise, where you put the pen in the hand you do not usually write with and when you ask the questions, you can allow the part of you that you are connecting with to write through you. For example, let the cancer use the hand you do not usually write with to answer your questions on paper. This helps the conscious and logical, judgmental mind to not interfere with the communication.
- Heal your emotional body. The unresolved wounds of our emotional body serve as the blueprint for our physical ailments. For this reason, I want you to watch my video on YouTube titled “How To Heal The Emotional Body” and begin the process I demonstrate in that video. I also encourage you to buy my book titled “The Completion Process”. It is available as of August 2016. As I said earlier, ailments are ultimately the byproduct of unresolved trauma. This process makes you aware of the unresolved trauma and then brings that unresolved trauma into a state of completion. Many people experience their ailments completely going away as a result of this process.
- Approach your ailment as your teacher. Ask yourself, if I acknowledge this _________ ailment as my teacher, what is it trying to teach me?
No one will ever be able to tell you what your ailments are trying to tell you about yourself and your life, better than you will. You simply have to learn how to listen to yourself and to be willing to be brutally honest with yourself. Soon you will be able to listen to yourself BEFORE your being has to go to the extreme of talking to you through the manifestation of a physical condition.
Many experts have devoted their entire careers to decoding the root emotional and mental cause of specific ailments. And it must be said that there are definite tendencies. For example, it is a tendency for spine ailments to be related to issues of support. And it is a tendency for issues involving the skin to be related to poor boundaries. And most of us who are experts in this field agree on these tendencies. If you are curious about what experts have to say about the emotional and mental causes of specific ailments, I encourage you to look into it and do your research. I am going to personally recommend Evette Rose who is the author of metaphysical anatomy. As a medical intuitive, I must say that her comprehension of the root cause of ailments has impressed me immensely.
Perhaps in the future, I will teach more about the root causes of specific ailments. That being said, in my opinion generalizing can be as limiting as it can be beneficial. I’d much rather you be able to interact directly with your ailment and speak to your body yourself rather than rely on an external source to tell you why a specific ailment has manifested in your body. And using the previous steps to decode your ailments will help immensely. Once you have discovered the actual root of the ailment you are suffering from, you now have the key to your healing.