Because I live in an intentional community, I developed this recipe to feed about 30 people. So, feel free to scale it down for a smaller family!
- 10 cups Vegetable broth
- 8 cans (16 cups) full fat coconut milk
- 20 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 5 Tbsp sea salt
- 5 large butternut squash (peeled and cut into large chunks 3”x3”)
- 5 large sweet potatoes or yams (peeled and cut into large chunks 3”x3”)
- 8 green onions (chopped)
- 10 pinches (large pinches) cumin powder
- 6 Tbsp dry parsley flakes
- 8 Tbsp. Vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 5 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Place butter, oil, salt, sweet potatoes, squash, garlic and green onions in a very large put and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cumin, coconut milk and parsley flakes. Bring all to a boil, turn it down to a simmer and cook until veggies are tender. This takes about 35-40 minutes.
- Mash the big chunks up a bit so it is both creamy and chunky. Serve it hot.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.