Today, I made one of my favorite things, black bean chili. I soak the beans right before going to bed and leave them to soak overnight, boiling them to perfection in the morning. Chili warms your soul in the wintertime. Because of this, I want you to have the recipe. It took me 4 years to perfect it. Now, it is perfected...
- Tbsp. whole cumin seeds
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 9 garlic cloves (crushed or diced)
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 6 cups of cooked black beans (or mix of beans if prefer)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 lb. tomato marinara sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1tsp. dry oregano
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Opt. Cooked brown rice (for under the chili) and vegan cheddar cheese for garnish.
- Toast the cumin in a large pot over medium heat for about three minutes, tossing often until they are fragrant and seem dry.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, garlic, chili powder, cayenne, salt and oil. Cover with a lid, stirring often until veggies are getting tender, about ten minutes.
- Stir in the beans, water, marinara or crushed tomatoes, oregano, lemon juice and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat when it seems done.
- Serve over brown rice, topped with vegan cheddar. This is an A+ recipe. You will love it.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.