I understand that only 10% of the information we receive in face to face interactions is in the words and the rest is "non-verbal." Body language, tone, posture, pheromones and electromagnetic fields all contribute to the other 90%
So yes, I think so. Your feelings don't lie and being sensitive, empathic to others is, at least in part, a higher form of communication! I'm hard of hearing having lost hearing in my left ear since early childhood and that has made me more sensitive to the non-verbal communication. We lie with our words, it's much harder to lie with our feelings.