Bjork

Spirituality and Heartbreak

10 posts in this topic

How do you guys deal with heartbreak?

I've watched Teal's video on how to survive heartbreak, many times, and I always end up crying.  I've tried to just "be grateful it happened", which I am, but it still hurts. I've bought crystals that are meant to help open the heart chakra. And yet I still feel it. I can distract myself, of course, but it still hits me just as hard every day. Even spirituality makes me kind of sad when it comes to love. "Reality" and spirituality both say basically the same thing, "people are temporary and replaceable and in the end don't really matter." I feel like that's the one thing I want most in life, and can't have. Sometimes I'm like "yeah, i can do this. I'm gonna do shadow work and fix my shit and i'll be fine." and other times I'm like "I wanna fucking kill myself." I'm still working on it.. and figuring out which will win. 

:sever.001:

• Upvote 3

Hope this helps. I find that dealing with a break up, we are actually dealing with the void that, that person left in our lives. For some time, they were fulfilling needs that we had and felt incapable of meeting ourselves. That when they left, we no longer had those needs met. People say, moving on with another, can heal the heart (getting someone to once again meet our needs) But what really needs to be done, is to find a way to meet your own needs. Codependency is awesome, but finding a way to fill your own cup is key.

4 hours ago, Bjork said:

I've watched Teal's video on how to survive heartbreak, many times, and I always end up crying.  I've tried to just "be grateful it happened", which I am, but it still hurts. I've bought crystals that are meant to help open the heart chakra. And yet I still feel it. I can distract myself, of course, but it still hits me just as hard every day. Even spirituality makes me kind of sad when it comes to love. "Reality" and spirituality both say basically the same thing, "people are temporary and replaceable and in the end don't really matter." I feel like that's the one thing I want most in life, and can't have. Sometimes I'm like "yeah, i can do this. I'm gonna do shadow work and fix my shit and i'll be fine." and other times I'm like "I wanna fucking kill myself." I'm still working on it.. and figuring out which will win. 

"people are temporary and replaceable and in the end don't really matter". This is ignorant bullshit and doesn't resolve anything.

Any feelings that you have are very real and very important. When people are associated with these feelings it is the most important relationship you can experience. Never, ever discount your feelings no matter what anyone says.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bjork said:

I understand the feeling.   Just don't act on the impulses.   Best way?  I find paying more care and love to yourself.  Grow from the experience.   It's going to be painful and tormenting.  But when you're ready. You'll grow and realize the best is yet to come 

• Upvote 1

I was looking for a post on heartbreak and ended up on my own post that I didn't remember writing. I'm yet again heartbroken. By a different person and different reasons. And this time it hurts more. I just need someone to talk to. :(

5 hours ago, Bjork said:

I was looking for a post on heartbreak and ended up on my own post that I didn't remember writing. I'm yet again heartbroken. By a different person and different reasons. And this time it hurts more. I just need someone to talk to. :(

hi Bjork, sorry to hear you've stepped on your own foots track again, sounds you are relapsing. As Teal mentioned it would be different people different place but your feelings still the same. It's about your negative imprint, you going attract again and again the same endings if you'll not find what's your negative imprint is, the life is not about who you want to be with makes you happy, but what you doing to make other people happy. Some other person cannot be excuse for you unhappiness until you accept your self, you just taking on that coat and dressing your self. So my advice now instead to watch heartbreaking stories go and found your forgotten hobbies or interests make you feel happy again.

If you feeling you in a deadlock contact some practitioner

Best wishes

Edited by vincent
  • Upvote 1

On 8/8/2016 at 7:23 PM, Bjork said:

"Reality" and spirituality both say basically the same thing, "people are temporary and replaceable and in the end don't really matter."

What have you been reading/watching????

Just now saw your post and I am very sorry to hear that. I think Vincent gave you a good advice above. Also I'll be hanging around for a while here in case you need a listening ear. 

Sending love&light your way.

On 8/8/2016 at 6:23 PM, Bjork said:

Hi @Bjork I completely understand You I feel the same way right now I'm passing through a similar kind of things, to be honest I don't know spiritual people physically around me, Every person Who I Tell my story they answer with the same answer which is Something Like "You are so Young, It's your First Love You don't know Nothing about Those things, you just Get Hookd up Don't put your interest or matters on that, find someone else Or You are going to find someone better there's a lot of people in this world, there's a lot of fishes in the Ocean Why you are suffering for Just One? I go to the therapist and is king of Helping but even She told me kinds of the same, people feel that They don't have to Give a fuck for this things and I'm sorry but I cant act as If I don't care!, don't know If I'm going to lose him,but is the worst experience and feeling that I've ever experience In my life, this feel like there's no after passing this Point, like want to help someone injured of dead (the situation) asking desperately for help and get everyone Looking at you like you are crazy or being emotionally intense and dramatic, olso is this part of me that feel ashamed of feeling this way because it looks like everyone is okay breaking up I feel like there's something wrong with me by want to comeback with him I have trouble with suicidal thoughts and maybe what would be "High functioning depression" and yeah I understand that this is my first Love but not just Because It is it means is less important, I don't know what I'm going to do with this it seems that the answer right now is that I'm going to lose him and to be quite honest I'm shattered,  the idea of finding someone else and try it again with that person leaving the other one behind hurt so bad(then why I wouldn't try it with the current one) and also feels wrong to not feeling that way, still passing through this, he dont even know that This is happening, can't point enough how scruciating this experience feels to me and to my life and what it means now........  (I'm sorry I know this is long) I hope we could find the answer and the best answer For us right now and to the Future, best wishes,Send my love Wherever you are in the world?

It takes time to build yourself back up. After my first breakup it was hard not to think of that person, it was hard to let the memory of her go. I thought about her almost constantly and the more i tried to forget about that part of our relationship it hurt even worse. So I started a game with myself; i would tell myself not to think about her for however long i could. So i could focus on the small things that gave me a happier feeling.  It not going to be fast or easy but you have to be gentle with yourself. Breathe and light a candle or smell or taste or touch something that is good to you. You will be able to get through this. If i could id give you a hug but here are some hearts instead????. you will live through this. ?

• Like 2