Venus_In_Exile

Anhedonia

11 posts in this topic

Anyone else going through this? It's improved a little from doing yoga, having a wholefood diet and a few other things, but it's still dragging on. I get very little pleasure from things I used to love doing like playing music and making friends and I really just want to find a concrete way to get my emotions back. Would be interested to hear from anyone here who's experienced this x

• Upvote 1

Hello there !

You hold inside the complete answer to your question.

You have to first realize that we live in two words  : an outter world, one of the circumstances, places, peoples, events etc but in the same time we live in an inner world the one of our emotions our feelings. These two worlds are interconected and it is crucial to understand right this interconectivity.

It is  easy to understand that the outter world (exemple an external event) can have a direct impact on our feeling (our inner world) but it is less obvious the other way around. 

At the depest level Our emotions, our feelings, our thoughts are also energy like everything else around and they are vibrating with a precise frequency suporting those precise thoughts, emotions and so they are atracting in our life events peoples circumstances accordingly.  Your thoughts conscious or unconscious create the reality that you experience, your reality.

Solution: Identify and eliminate thoughts that does not serve you, keep only the ones that serve your goal. Do you want to feel happy ? then hold inside your mind  happy thoughts about yourself and about everything, and everybody, vibrate with this frequency. Make a list with whatever makes you already happy now and think regulary about that ...if you don't find anything imagine what would make you feel happy and again hold those thoughts and feelings. The more you do this the more you will atract other similar thoughts and the more your reality will support that by bringing in your life whatever necesarry to match that frequency.  Peace & Love

All of this reminds me strongly of quotes such as " Truth and conspiracy often are hand in hand" But many want to ignore such things are true because they are so deep inside the webs.   Those people I have total sympathy for because many of them are super nice.. BUT the veils are coming down and so many people are testifying and so on, so that bit about eliminating what doesn't serve you.. it's happening on a global vibrational scale.  I also find myself finding as much as I can about the past and so on.  Gaining as much perspective as I can.  Y'know?   Thanks for this piece of information!  Very well put! 

Sorry if my words tend to not make sense.. I tend to jump around a bit due to tangent-like ideas, but I try my best to go full circle in the end.  haha.

So in the end, it's all coming to an end from the inside, so we all just need to sit back at a safe distance but also get well equipped for what's to come in the intermediate time before the entire mess is resolved.  Or it might simply disappear because it doesn't serve us anymore.  it never did but we made it that way by believing in it. 

~Peace & love right back at you!~

• Upvote 1

@Venus_In_Exile Please check the website that I provided on my topic.That course is designed to help people like us...

As an idea,meditation and affirmations helped me a bit.If you find any technique or have any "breakthrough" please let me know.I'll try @GabrielS's approach,but it sounds very difficult to me.Focusing on thinking positive thoughts and not wander anywhere else it's hard,at least for me.Good luck!

• Upvote 1

I agree, AbsoluteWave, taking the so-called 'negative feelings' and letting them be, gives them the same "respect" for lack of a better word and allows them to have their time and then pass too.

Hello @Venus_In_Exile,

I understand you fully when you says it sound difficult to do that.  It is difficult but you see there is a payoff  for doing it.

We often get distracted and instead of focusing on what we want we focus in what we lack and so we atract more about that in our life.  Waiting for the perfect miraculous method that will deliver you happy instantly and continously ...chances are you will wait very long time.  What helped me was to realise that i had so many reasons to feel happy in moments i was feeling down. We take for granted so many things in our life that we stop giving them value. We might have a house but we chose to be unhappy for not having a bigger one, we might be healthy but we chose to be unhappy becase we are not having the "right" amount of muscles etc... Beeing in the present and gratefull for what we already have it is a good start.  Meditate, contemplate, everyday not for so long but everyday it is a must in order to quiet the mind.  Give yourself time... do a 5 minutes a day for a whole week...if you got that right acknoledge that fact feel happy about it, give youself a hug and that will become the start point for the next week. Don't think about the 10"th week now, stick with the present. "Be still and know" said Budha.

It is our  mind that often  sabotage us by telling us things like:   this will probably not work, it is not working i told you so, you are not good enough, etc  then similar thoughts arise and there you formed the spiral of negativity which manifest later on in our life as your reality.

Do the weeding of negatives thoughs everyday and don't get overwhelmed by the many weeds out there concentrate to the fact that you are eliminating one right now and soon enough there will be very few weeds left.  

Decide, persiste and be patient, results will folow, there is payoff 

Peace & Love 

I have sometimes similar experiences as you have, when I don't find joy in what I do in life.
For me, I have found out that it could be one of two things:
1. I am not grounded. It maybe sounds strange, but for me sometimes, if I only ground myself for 20-30 minutes, life flows back in me, I can live here and now again.
2. I have automatically pushed away a negative feeling inside of me to the point that I no longer find the usual pleasure I find in life. In this case I need to acknowledge the feeling that I have pushed away, sit with it for a long time and allow it or do shadow work on the feeling. Afterwards I feel much better.

I hope you find the way and practice that fits you!

@GabrielS Even though I understand what you are saying,I would like to have a more concrete answer.So,it's OK if I do your approach on a daily basis,for like 10 minutes?I mean,for 10 minutes I've got to think about something positive and try eliminating negative thoughts,it's that right?(By the way,isn't this the "Law of attraction"?).

I need an opinion.If I meditate,do your your exercise,write,do affirmations every day,it would help me speed up the process?I mean,it won't get overwhelming and get the opposite effect?

Hello @Andrew_044

Thank you for your reply !

First i want to  clarify  that i am not pretending to have the absoloute true on any subject i comment in this forum. I will share with you guys respectfully my personal experience and my personal understanding on diferent subjects.  I believe as well that there is at least more than one way to get  good results. I don't believe in one perfect recipe that will work  no matter the person or the situation. Our own experience will validate that perfect receipe for ourself. 

That being said, yes i am talking about a way to use the Law of atraction in our favor but it does not matter how we chose to call it or if we chose to  like it or not. At the most basic level everything is energy and you have the power using your conscious mind to direct that energy with your thoughts. Imagine your thoughts like beams of light ; if you have 100 diferents thoughts in diferents directions you will get light but if your 100 thoughts would be centered in the same direction that will become a laser beam that is  how powerfull thoughts are. Thoughts are energy and  thoughts are real forces.  

I can't give you a precise method  to follow  here step by step ... that would be too much for this forum but i can give a start point and i would  invite you to make your research on the issue. 

So everything is energy and our belief system (BS) determine what we experience in our life. Our beliefs are operating  from  our subconscious mind and they get there after many repetition.  Whatever you are experiencing in your life there is a belief suporting that.  My humble advise would be to start acknoledge first where your mind is going during your journey you will be surprised to discover that you are actualy not aware that you are having same thoughts so many times ( example we want to have financial abundance but we discover that our consciousness, our thoughts are in lack all the time) Thinking regulary about bills to pay or watching news about povrety will resonate with that frequency   and will atract more of that.

If you really understand that and how energy works you will only want  to keep in your mind thoughts that serve you. Is that simple. 

Don't lose yourself in steps and minutes and exact methods. Understand how energy works make baby steps in right dorection  and find your own meethod that will work for you best.

Peace & Love  GS

"