Destiny

Separation Anxiety Disorder

1 post in this topic

Hello, I am in desperate need for help.

Some background info: I'm 19 years old, I have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months now. When we met, we had an instant connection and it was as if we had found our best friends in each other. We were happy for a very long time. But that was only until recently. About two months ago the relationship started changing. My boyfriend is sick and tired of me and my emotional problems. I have severe anxiety and I tend to panic and cry in situations that frustrate me. I think he just doesn't understand what I am going through. He says that I am stressing HIM out, because I am always depending on him to make me feel better. It is true that I am very clingy, in fact, I believe that I have separation anxiety. I used to have it when I was a kid too, I would stress and cry about my mother leaving the house.

My boyfriend probably feels trapped in the relationship because he never gets to spend time with his own friends, and I am always latching onto him, and when we aren't together, I'm texting or calling him constantly. I love him so much. I wish he understood how much. I love us together.

How can I save our relationship and stop feeling like the world is over when he isn't by my side?

And how can I stop that horrible feeling in my stomach when I feel like he is going to leave me, the panic attacks when we have arguments, and stop crying every day? It is absolutely exhausting.

Thank you for any help, it is much appreciated!