AMIRA

How do we get in touch with our guides or become more aware of their guidance?

14 posts in this topic

I would really like to know how we can communicate with our guides or receive guidance. How can we become more aware of other realms of existence and wake up from the physical matrix so that while we are here we can function to the best of our abilities while remaining aware of the of a higher perspective.

It feels like we are blindly walking about like zombies, totally unaware of the Universe that surrounds us with all its mysteries. I want to awaken from this dream and get a hold of my inner compass while being able to clearly get the guidance and help I need from our guides (if we all have them what is the use if we cannot hear/sense  them?)

I appreciate any light you can shed on this topic. Thank you! ;)

• Upvote 1

Well, what worked for me was to begin with mindfulness meditation and when doing that for a while my thoughts were not as loud as before and I began to hear my intuition, a silent voice that guides me through life. Now I can also use this intuition channel to talk to my guides. Sometimes I have a really good connection and sometimes not so good. I need more training in this area, but it has helped me a lot when it comes to my decisions in life.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for your reply. How long did it take you to start communicating with your guides?  What kind of guidance do they give? Is it just like an inner knowing  or you can actually hear them? 

I recommend practicing a type of "active imagination" process to get more in touch with your intuition and with spiritual guides. You can research the active imagination process as discussed by Carl Jung, but I usually like to learn from processes others have described and then test them out on my own with a lot of flexibility, allowing myself to follow my intuition and mold the process for how it works best for me. You can do the same thing for yourself. 

You can begin by meditating, closing your eyes and paying attention to your breath and allowing thoughts to pass through your mind (but not paying specific attention to them). Basically get to a point where you are allowing whatever may to pass through your mind, where you have no desire or tendency to control what happens in your thought space. It is within this type of an allowing, open, non-assuming space that it is more likely for your higher self and any spiritual guides to appear and begin to provide you with suggestions and guidance (either through images, symbols, words, or other ways of knowing).

The more you practice letting go of control and simply accepting in openness whatever these spiritual guides have to offer you, the more in touch you will be able to be with them. Becoming more frequently aware of them and messages they desire to communicate to you requires practice just like anything else. :)

• Upvote 4

Thank you Katie! I am going to follow up on your recommendation, in fact I am searching sites that discuss at more length the Jungian approach of active imagination.  It sounds not so difficult the way you describe it, as a natural process.  I just need to get practicing now. ;)

Thanks again!

Hi Amira, however wonderful it is to be able to perceive one's spiritual guides around, you are your best guide, in fact thats what we all came here to do, be our own guide through life. i find it very helpful to apply some of the processes that Teal offers as described in the ask Teal videos, especially important i find is to get in touch with intuition, and the all-powerful compass of emotion ;)... and develop a sense of self-trust. If you are struggling with confusion in a particular situation, and feel as if you cant get a hold on how you feel about any decision that is to be made, maybe try a combined technique, the pendulum works well for me but maybe you have something you prefer, and then ask what someone who loves themselves would do and act upon the answer...

and about getting in touch with the "surrounding" spirit guides, in my experience i feel and perceive them either when i am at "the deepest turning point" (thats usually when the decision towards a beneficial thing, i.e. to rise again, is already made) or when i am in a place of joy, curiosity and relaxation and met needs when i can let go of any stressful thought that blocks my consciousness from expanding. (ok i admit, not only then, but when i'm in a place of being in the upper part of the emotional scale, its just that they appear the clearest the more i'm in joy)

i hope that helps a bit, i wish you the best!

• Upvote 1

Hi, if you want help from the guides...you must ask for it from them...then wait ...they will respond when they can.

Like if I'm out of energy and feel it then I ask them to recharge my batteries, and they do, but I notice a loud hum in my ears. 9_9

Last night I watched Teals video called What are Spirit guides or something along those lines, and its very helpful with this particular issue. I'm relatively new to all this and I'm just now beginning my spiritual journey and still have so so many questions.. 

It's about becoming tuned in, guides are dropping signs all the time, it's just up to us to slow down enough to pay attention.

• Upvote 1

On 2016-06-12 at 10:05 PM, GypsySoul said:

Last night I watched Teals video called What are Spirit guides or something along those lines, and its very helpful with this particular issue. I'm relatively new to all this and I'm just now beginning my spiritual journey and still have so so many questions.. 

I'd like to point out that there are many sources for this sort of information both from young and old peoples of many walks of lives.  /

/Just remain receptive to the information and people coming your way.  or even non humans.  accept the presence that may come your way.  Might also help to get back in touch with your inner child... which is when we could all most likely have seen and interacted with such beings and so on.  Point here is to not fret.  You don't necessarily need them and it may prove useful in your expansion to learn and make your own conclusions on things.

• Upvote 1

I for one thing have only been able to do so in dreams.  and usually quite often seeing as how often I dream in the first place.  Which is almost the reason why I prefer to sleep all day every day.   =3

• Upvote 1

One thing that worked well for me was using a pendulum. I made and started using a pendulum to speak with my father who was deceased before I was even aware of 'spirit guides' and it continues to work very well for me.

Also like GabijaCij mentioned using Tarot Cards, also Runes or other physical divining tools helps a lot when you are first communicating with your guides.

I was once told when I was first learning to meditate, if I was asking for guidance while I meditated  to not dismiss anything that came to mind as crazy or weird as it may seem to record it all as it is all relevant and may make sense later on. 

Our spirit guides always line us up all the tools we will need to accomplish everything we want to accomplish.  

• Upvote 1