Guest amy f

Awareness "and" Observing

3 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

Is remaining as awareness and in an observing nature a kind of avoidance or unhealthy detachment from emotions? I ask this because this beingness is so peaceful and it seems there are no emotions. Or there are but i am not just experiencing them and only feeling them, i am also aware of them. I think i experienced a kind of peace i cant describe, but i dont know if it is to good to be true, that i experienced peace, and if it was just numbing out emotions.. I was not doing anything, being anything, i was peace. I find myself in some kind of peaceful way of being when i am awareness, yet i am aware of emotions, but i am not sure if they are still being felt as i am awareness. I am not looking for answers, i am asking for perspectives :) 

My perspective? It's what I nudged on in our first conversation, that you, amy, have an ability to attain deep states of mind that isn't ordinary. It is more ordinary in these spiritual circles, but something tells me it comes a bit easier to you than some others, probably even myself right now.

The real version of the state of mind you described is healthy. It actually transcends health and illness. It's like experiencing deep sleep while awake.

A fake version, or a mistaken version of it, would potentially be a pitfall. It would be dangerous to deny a sensation that is there.

It's a difference between being open or closed of to an experience. A transcendental state is not denial. You were open to whatever you were going to experience, and that's what it was.