Craig

Marijuana and spirtuality

26 posts in this topic

I am interested in others constructive thoughts on the subject. Please , constructive posts only. We need  not know how high you are. As a long time depression sufferer it served me well.

• Upvote 2

from my own experience using cannabis (smoking was my main go to), i experienced what i would call my 1st spiritual awakening. i found that cannabis grounded me into my body (as i tend to get very 'airy' and out of body like) and made me become aware of where i was holding onto pain/tension, ultimately allowing me to let go of my various body aches.  

i found using marijuana by my self in a solitary environment at night (e.g. bedroom) to be highly beneficial, as i was able to relax into a meditative state, and turn inwards. doing it this way eased my anxiety/depression at the time and allowed me to discover a lot about myself, as well as, access intuitive information.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, CanadianGirl1991 said:

from my own experience using cannabis (smoking was my main go to), i experienced what i would call my 1st spiritual awakening. i found that cannabis grounded me into my body (as i tend to get very 'airy' and out of body like) and made me become aware of where i was holding onto pain/tension, ultimately allowing me to let go of my various body aches.  

i found using marijuana by my self in a solitary environment at night (e.g. bedroom) to be highly beneficial, as i was able to relax into a meditative state, and turn inwards. doing it this way eased my anxiety/depression at the time and allowed me to discover a lot about myself, as well as, access intuitive information.

Is that Sativa? I find that I like Sativa because it makes you think deeper than the other one (Indica) which makes you sleepy.. is that right though with names? I'm not an expert

yes you are right on the names!

i am not too sure to which kind i used at the time.
i usually had a clear mind and was able to stay awake for a few hours (depending on how much i would smoke haha^_^) but, i would also get a good body buzz.
from what i have read, a body high is usually from indica strains? i am no expert either 

• Upvote 2

i'm sofa-King high lol

Cannabis is a TOOL designed to show you the ROAD - it is NOT the ROAD itself

-Unfortunately, many stoners use cannabis as the ROAD instead of a tool.

More than half of cannabis smokers/vapers/eaters will become psychologically addicted to it - likely for the reason of "Awakening" or "Spiritual Expansion."

But the spiritual-learning curve for Cannabis maxes out very quickly - usually the first 3 times a person smokes pot are the best and everything after that is gluttony.

SOURCE: The above statements are my experience with having smoked pot and being consistently around pot since age 12 (am 25 now).

Edited by YOD
  • Upvote 5

I don't know about weed as a means to spiritual awakening, I'm just not sure because until recently I never knew people used it for that.  Personally I use it because it helps me to fall asleep at a decent time, without smoking I stay up too late and can't sleep in.  It also helps my racing mind to slow down and focus, which could help with meditation I suppose.  At times when I have been depressed it makes me feel happier.   Any substance, object or activity can become an addiction to a person, but weed itself is not particularly addictive.  

I have had many spiritual and learning experiences while doing LSD and mushrooms though.  Many powerful experiences of realization and oneness with nature.  I have never had a bad trip but I have had some crazy experiences while tripping such as one time my friend and I were camping and we were hanging out with this group of people and at some point I just realized that one of them was a witch.  At first everything was cool but then she seemed to have a problem with me although she didn't say anything, I just sensed she did.  I sensed that she became aware of my believe in a higher power and had a problem with it.  I was tripping and didn't want anything crazy to happen so I attempted to make peace with her by looking in her eyes, but when I tried to look her in the eye I could not see her eyeballs!  All I could see was the whites of her eyes with nothing else there.   Anyway, I carried on and nothing else happened. 

And a few times while doing acid, I have seen another dimension...it is very small and lives in the grass, it is these almost bug like entities that move about as if they are on super highways and have a purpose.  But they are very small and moving fast and I can't clearly make them out.  I have seen it multiple times and became convinced, for some reason, that it is real, maybe because I see it so much.  The first few times I saw it, I could only see it, but the last time I could see our regular world and what was going on around me and also see it too.  This began my interest in other dimensions.

I don't know if weed has assisted me in my advancing spiritually or not, I simply don't have any way to know, but LSD and mushrooms has helped me a lot in that and learning about life and survival.

• Upvote 1

Indica tends to be used more for medicinal purposes as it can be more sedative . Sativa is generally more of an active , enhances focus , and can also be good for  creativity.  People in the arts , musicians and artists have benefited from this. I would say that addiction issues are more a problem of the mind than that of the substance.

14 hours ago, JasmineAmethyst said:

Weed has always made me paranoid, lazy, and hopeless. And I'm very body conscious so my highs tend to not be fun. But different folks different strokes I guess

You're describing Cannabis Indica.

If you ever come across some Sativa (Cannabis Sativa) strains such as White Widow, I would urge you to try it again. You'll find your response to it will be very different than the Indica (which is traditionally associated with "relaxation" and lethargy.) 

Sativa has almost stimulant-like properties. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good luck finding any pure indica or sativa strains these days. Most hydro stuff is hybrid types. These can also do well organically. Widow is a classic hybrid and a preferred strain for many years. Kush is now a good medicinal strain. A new type is Moby Dick, its an active strain and very popular.

• Upvote 1

Since I have quit smoking (because I'm looking for a new job and the jobs I'm applying for are drug testing) I find it harder to meditate because of the mind chatter, which I have a very difficult time turning off.  So the only meditations I can successfully do are guided ones, which work though because I have found some powerful ones on youtube.  I find drug testing to be completely unfair because I could go home and drink a bottle of vodka every night and that is perfectly acceptable to society, but if you smoke weed, they look at you as  a bad person.  The truth is alcohol has destroyed more lives than weed ever will or has, but people don't look at it like that just because alcohol is not illegal (so it must be ok).  I know people who stopped associating with me when they found out I smoked but those same people go to the bar every weekend, get trashed and drive home. 

I smoked all summer, went through the ascension and my vibe increased, so personally weed has nothing to do with my vibe.  That's just me, what I have noticed is, it affects everyone differently.