Krystine

Conservatism as a stepping stone to cheerfulness

4 posts in this topic

I've attached the image of the Tone Scale somebody shared on here. What does it mean to embody conservatism? I don't really see it as a positive mental state so am I missing something here?

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Krystine said:

I've attached the image of the Tone Scale somebody shared on here. What does it mean to embody conservatism? I don't really see it as a positive mental state so am I missing something here?

Perhaps let go of the popular meaning of the 'word' and look towards the physics definition as being, "to remain unchanged during a process".

Conservation of energy.
It's like turning your lights off, when you leave your house.
Not wasting mental energy on useless things...

Seems like a "good" thing to me!

• Upvote 3

@Croesus Ahh I see. Thanks :) not squandering energy then. I can now see how conservatism is adjacent to Strong Interest on the scale. When you have decided carefully what to put your energy into, you have moved from conservatism to Strong Interest.

@walt I have a sensitive digestive system.

19 hours ago, Krystine said:

@Croesus Ahh I see. Thanks :) not squandering energy then. I can now see how conservatism is adjacent to Strong Interest on the scale. When you have decided carefully what to put your energy into, you have moved from conservatism to Strong Interest.

It's a fun scale to think about, but it's hard to know what the original artist intended...   :)

Thanks for the meditation!  I'm obviously beyond conservativism at this point, ironically enough...

"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about." - Benjamin Lee Whorf