Geri

I dance like I'm possessed?

7 posts in this topic

I dance usually when I'm alone in my room with the door locked and no one watching. And I just listen to music and let it all out. I'm not particularly skilled in dance, but if I actually practiced I think I could get good. Anyways, I always seem to come back to a specific type of dancing where I stiffen up (purposely, it's not like I don't have control over my body) and walk creepily act weird and jerk my body in ways that if a normal person saw me they'd think I was crazy. (Or over-dramatic idk lol) It probably comes from my subconscious, because I usually don't think when I dance, I just do. I also enjoy dancing this way and seeing others dance the same way as well where they don't hold back and look a little freaky not doing so. I find it artistic, expressive, and aesthetically enticing. When I dance this way I feel like I'm expressing my inner suffering, passion, darkness maybe(?), and frustration. Also expressing how alienated I feel sometimes as well.

The thing is I wonder if it's healthy or a harmful way to express myself. Why do I dance this way? Why do I feel the urge to express myself this way? Is it dangerous to dance this way? Am I possessed? This wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being so(long story). Normal people don't do what I do. Am I just inherently weird this way? I don't know. Tell me what you think please.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Geri said:

I dance usually when I'm alone in my room with the door locked and no one watching. And I just listen to music and let it all out. I'm not particularly skilled in dance, but if I actually practiced I think I could get good. Anyways, I always seem to come back to a specific type of dancing where I stiffen up (purposely, it's not like I don't have control over my body) and walk creepily act weird and jerk my body in ways that if a normal person saw me they'd think I was crazy. (Or over-dramatic idk lol) It probably comes from my subconscious, because I usually don't think when I dance, I just do. I also enjoy dancing this way and seeing others dance the same way as well where they don't hold back and look a little freaky not doing so. I find it artistic, expressive, and aesthetically enticing. When I dance this way I feel like I'm expressing my inner suffering, passion, darkness maybe(?), and frustration. Also expressing how alienated I feel sometimes as well.

The thing is I wonder if it's healthy or a harmful way to express myself. Why do I dance this way? Why do I feel the urge to express myself this way? Is it dangerous to dance this way? Am I possessed? This wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being so(long story). Normal people don't do what I do. Am I just inherently weird this way? I don't know. Tell me what you think please.

You mess around and make up a new dance keep doing your thing lol 

I dance funny too

I tried the regular dances people do at least around here and I can't seem to get into them...

Its because those dances are too lewd to me I like more creativity than pelvis thrusting and boob shaking.

Here's what you do...

While your dancing pay attention to what your doing just enough to remember the moves and start putting together combinations

You'll have made your own dance that people can follow and it'll be an expression of you so your craziness is still in there lol

Just don't expect everyone to like it 

7 hours ago, Geri said:

What you've described is how I dance, more or less. I just let my Kundalini flow, but I don't have to be alone. I usually don't carve my Kundalini flow into ridged robot type moves (what I'm imaging----> waves being squared) but I have, and so I can see how that could be your natural flow. My buddy totally sticks his headphones in, and dances around the city, in a similar way as you do in private 

8 hours ago, Geri said:

Helllll yeah! I love dancing like a freak! :D

I'm pretty weird too though so I don't know if this will help x) 

Everyone's a weirdo, some are more in denial than others ;P

Edited by Tessa Rae
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, walt said:

You're not hurting yourself or anyone else? It's not compulsive?

Life is short enjoy yourself while you are here.

I was just dancing and listening to this music  :D

2 minutes ago, Tessa Rae said:

Helllll yeah! I love dancing like a freak! :D

Party time! :D

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, WireX said:

What you've described is how I dance, more or less. I just let my Kundalini flow, but I don't have to be alone. I usually don't carve my Kundalini flow into ridged robot type moves (what I'm imaging----> waves being squared) but I have, and so I can see how that could be your natural flow. My buddy totally sticks his headphones in, and dances around the city, in a similar way as you do in private 

Lmfao me and your buddy have ALOT in common

I'll be jogging around the city and break out into random dance when a song that really pumps me up comes on 

9 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I was just dancing and listening to this music  :D

Party time! :D

Oh wow I never heard that song. I like it...