Cakimali

Can you do shadow work(successfully) while on anti-depressants?

6 posts in this topic

I've started feeling(willingly and have been met by a landslide of emotion wounds) and have been doing shadow work, reintegrating some parts of myself but the deeper i got the hopelessness got more intense and having panic attacks every day in tandem with it is making it excruciating. I've had 2 episodes of despair/panic attack/inability to cry, that wouldn't subside, and i couldn't sleep, which was the worst sensation i even felt in my life(even so that suicide came to mind as a way out). It was so strong an unbearable without any chance for relief(Watching Teals video on I want to kill myself and going through the process allowed me to cry and get out of it). And I am terrified to do shadow work again without a safety net(anti depressives). And have started using them so as to stop the daily panic attacks.

So my question is: Can you do shadow work on anti-depressives, and by that i mean can you allow yourself to feel as deep as you need to integrate yourself or do they make such emotions out of your reach while you're on them?

• Upvote 1

Great question a lot of people are on anti-depression medication. I'd like to know the answer also. Thank you for posting the question.

Aquartzs

• Upvote 1

Firstly I would say I am no expert. I have recently stopped using anti depressants and no longer feel the need. To my good luck this happened at the start of awareness. Have you ever considered replacing them with something more natural. If not only for the short term, in the states  is not hemp available. I mean it may not be for you but you could ask a professional. Just remember not to use it as a crutch to mask your problems as it is easy to do. Teal has a video about the use of hemp. Otherwise just keep asking for advice until something resonates with you. It has certainly been both a help and a hinder but I would rather use nature,s cures than a fist full of chemicals.  Remember every one is different and what is good for others may not serve you well. Not a direct answer but some thing to think about! Be gentle with yourselves.

• Upvote 1

You can buy illegally some states have decided to make it legal. But if I did it go on hemp medically it would cause me to surrender my conceal carry permit and safety is highly important. I just found out you can't have both cards. Thank you for your advice

On 7/26/2016 at 9:20 AM, Cakimali said:

I've started feeling(willingly and have been met by a landslide of emotion wounds) and have been doing shadow work, reintegrating some parts of myself but the deeper i got the hopelessness got more intense and having panic attacks every day in tandem with it is making it excruciating. I've had 2 episodes of despair/panic attack/inability to cry, that wouldn't subside, and i couldn't sleep, which was the worst sensation i even felt in my life(even so that suicide came to mind as a way out). It was so strong an unbearable without any chance for relief(Watching Teals video on I want to kill myself and going through the process allowed me to cry and get out of it). And I am terrified to do shadow work again without a safety net(anti depressives). And have started using them so as to stop the daily panic attacks.

So my question is: Can you do shadow work on anti-depressives, and by that i mean can you allow yourself to feel as deep as you need to integrate yourself or do they make such emotions out of your reach while you're on them?

A lot of shadow work doesn't involve feelings at all, like finding core beliefs. But these antidepressants could provide a very good safety net. It could allow you to build a basic foundation so that later when you go to integrate or feel those deeper wounds you have more stability. I'd say keep going with your shadow work. :) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

A lot of shadow work doesn't involve feelings at all, like finding core beliefs. But these antidepressants could provide a very good safety net. It could allow you to build a basic foundation so that later when you go to integrate or feel those deeper wounds you have more stability. I'd say keep going with your shadow work. :) 

Thank you, your perspective gives me comfort :)

• Upvote 1