Banjoplayer

Adrenal fatigue - experiences, hints

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I have chronic fatigue and brain fog for 10 months now and only recently I figured out it is because of adrenal glands being depleted.

I am searching for information in standard medicine field too but I was curious if someone here could give me any hints how to overcome it, spiritual or "non-spiritual", I am glad for any help or sharing your experience.

Thank you!

Guest amy f

I to have had this and would like some help! i know how it feels 

Hi banjo player. I was looking on here to find advice, but I see none, so I guess I can give some!

ive really suffered with this and am very slowly coming out of debilitating fatigue after a few years. A turning point for me was hearing about adrenal exhaustion, I started taking adrenal substitute, I think it's animal sourced, you may have an issue with that, I would, but I was desperate after trying so many things. That was the first thing that helped me.  

If you have adrenal depletion, then you must have background causes to that, either acknowledged or unacknowledged  trauma (flight or fight mechanisim in overdrive for a sustained period of time)..or you have just been in highly stressful life contexts that have caused your system to respond in a similar fashion. 

Another term I came across is 'burnout', I'd heard it as a slang term, but began reading books on it and found it validating and informative to find out how serious burnout can be and how much self-care is needed to come back from it. It's like your body endures and endures until one day, mind over matter no longer works and even if you could continue psychologically, your body just says no. 

Recovery for me has been, addressing huge amounts of trauma I was in denial about as I felt I should just 'get over it', no compassion for me, so I've been forced by the fatigue to look at my life and realise how much I've suffered and how I've been though quite horrific experiences. Along side this lots of rest, I need to give back to my body what I stole through being harsh on myself and working in harsh unsupportive work environments. Then diet is a massive help, fresh food, serious attention to nutrition. Be careful with exercise, it can be depleting or debilitating, depending on the seriousness of your fatigue.  I'll leave it at that, as maybe your experience is not as severe as mine, but hopefully some ideas there to help you!

As for me, I'm still searching for advice that will bring me back the next 30% of the way...., so I can have the health I used to have. So if anyone has travelled that part of the road I'd love to hear about it. I'm still really scared to take exercise, as everytime I try, it sets me back in my recovery..

Thank you Starlight,

I think that my fatigue is similarly serious to yours, but I too already got a bit better. When I was in the worst stages, I had to cancel my studies because I just couldnt pay attention to anything and had to come home at about noon to lie down. I see you already searched for information too so maybe I will not tell you anything new that you dont know, but I can try to share anyway.

What Ive noticed is that I react with fatigue to any kind of stress. The better is my mood, the lesser fatigued I feel. In the past I could handle any stress without such an extreme response from my body. So the most important thing is probably surrounding yourself with things that make you feel good, avoid stressful people etc.

About food - I've tried everything and it looks like I feel the best on plant based diet, mostly raw. Ive found advices that its important to graze every hour and a half rather than eating three big meals a day. That way you maintain stable blood sugar and your body doesnt run on adrenaline. 

Sleeping as much as you need and its best to go sleep before 22:00 because adrenals regenerate during your sleep in the earlier parts of the night. Also avoiding things like stressing movies, dont watch anything before you go to bed.

And yes, as you said it is important to look back on your life and solve any big unresolved emotional issues, forgive people, change aspects of your life that are stressing you. I met all the people with whom I had complicated relationships and I feel a lot better after solving some of the problems that were subconsciously hurting me. 

It would be nice to find a simple solution that would just heal us fast, but maybe it just takes time. However, I found this very inspirational video from one girl who cured herself in a couple of weeks. Even if the same does not work for you, I find it as a great source of inspiration. So I post it here and I wish you a lot of good vibes and health. If you want to share anything more I am looking forward to it. Have a nice day!

Also Teal's videos helped me a lot, I recommend How to get rid of anxiety, How to stop worrying; and any videos related to following your emotions and non-resistance. Teal is just awesome :)

This is great thanks! I really identify with the limbo, the search and exasperation..  Being in alignment with who you are and what you want to do sounds right, not a small task, but that's why it may need something as powerful as CFS to get you there. Great to hear a success story. 

I just came across this site this morning - I think it will help the people who have CFS stemming from sexual abuse..just a warning some of the story is very hard to read. Apparently CFS if particularly high among victims of childhood sexual abuse.

https://ordinaryevil.wordpress.com/my-story/

Edited by Starlight