Kikipocodot

Does anyone have insight on fear?

5 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about and connecting with what I call my solutional side (basically deals with what Teal talked about in her Healing Trap vid) and I realize that it does what it does because it is afraid. But I don't know exactly what it's afraid of. In every aspect of my life, my solutional side says "do/think/feel this!!! or else!!!" not because it's like threatening me, but because it's afraid. This happens in my mind all the time, every day. I want to resolve this fear, but I'm not sure how to identify what I'm afraid of. It's triggered when I feel something that I don't think I'm allowed or supposed to feel, or when I believe my actions will lead to something undesirable for me. I don't know if meditation will really work that well for me because it's usually just difficult to do I guess. But if you know how I can identify what I'm afraid of, that would really help. Thanks

• Upvote 1

you don't actually feel fear. fear is a made up thing where you expect the worst or are afraid of a feeling and you call that feeling fear, but it never comes. tell that to my anxiety thought, its easier said than done. the meaning you attach to a feeling is what you call fear, and we run away from that feeling, well we don't even feel it, we end up not doing the action because of the fear of that feeling. facing a fear would be just feeling that thing you call fear. you can have good triggers like you hear a old song and go ahhhh nostalgia..... it works like that with horrible experiences too (feelings). its not easy but you have to face the fear to feel it again and you change the meaning of that feeling, otherwise you have this loop going on. meditation might help, just imagine doing that action you fear and it will show up in your real life from doing that.

4 hours ago, Kikipocodot said:

I've been thinking about and connecting with what I call my solutional side (basically deals with what Teal talked about in her Healing Trap vid) and I realize that it does what it does because it is afraid. But I don't know exactly what it's afraid of. In every aspect of my life, my solutional side says "do/think/feel this!!! or else!!!" not because it's like threatening me, but because it's afraid. This happens in my mind all the time, every day. I want to resolve this fear, but I'm not sure how to identify what I'm afraid of. It's triggered when I feel something that I don't think I'm allowed or supposed to feel, or when I believe my actions will lead to something undesirable for me. I don't know if meditation will really work that well for me because it's usually just difficult to do I guess. But if you know how I can identify what I'm afraid of, that would really help. Thanks

Hi.. When I read this, I thought about the last time I felt my "unwanted"/Uncomfortable feelings. I used Teal's technique from her video called "How to heal the emotional body".. The emotions took me back, and I felt that I had an opportunity to integrate the feeling in a lighter way. I hope this can help you too. Have a wonderful day. 

Your solutional side is constantly in fight or flight mode, that's why it seems so aggressive all the time. The only way for you to resolve this panic mode you've found yourself in is by diving into those exact emotions, I don't know what exactly is causing you to be in fight or flight mode so often though, so I can't pinpoint what exactly needs to be done. Maybe it's because a part of you is saying " i really wanna do this but my instincts tell me otherwise " This is actually something you would need to do within yourself, which basically means meditation, i'm sorry if you don't like that answer very much, it's just my honest opinion. There are all kinds of ways to do meditation though if that helps, there isn't really a right or wrong way as long as you are focused. It would help if someone was there, physically with you, encouraging and supporting you. It will help you feel like you have something to " fall back on " if you have some kind of ... emotional breakdown or something as a result of stirring up painful emotions you may or may not have been aware of. 

Edited by ghost_no.6
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Kikipocodot said:

I've been thinking about and connecting with what I call my solutional side (basically deals with what Teal talked about in her Healing Trap vid) and I realize that it does what it does because it is afraid. But I don't know exactly what it's afraid of. In every aspect of my life, my solutional side says "do/think/feel this!!! or else!!!" 

Fear has an illusory nature, especially when we look into the fear and try to interpret it and find meaning and direction.

The solutional side is the side that recognizes the gap between where we are now, and our potential. We know deep inside what our potential is and when we look where we are in relationship to our potential, all kinds of things can happen. We can feel guilt. We can feel fear, sadness, grief, etc. It's not that the solutional side is based in fear, it just wants to close the gap and a vibrational discord can be felt. It's important to not judge our feelings as bad, wrong, or even anything that needs fixing. We can change our vibrations, our feelings, but we are perfect as we are. The feelings are just telling us something.

My take away from Teal's video is maintaining balance between tending to my own improvement and also knowing I'm perfect as I am.

• Upvote 1