Kalle

Being loving with close ones vs strangers.

3 posts in this topic

The last few months I have been experiencing some kind of spiritual awakening. But, now that I can see more clearly and deeply into myself I've discovered that it is much easier for me to be considerate, caring and loving with people I've just met, than my close friends and family. My spiritual awakening has made me a bit more distant to the people and the way I used to live before.. I feel like I have so much love to give, and I would love to be able to actually manifest it to my loved ones.

Anyone that can relate to these kind of feelings and have any ways to deal with it?

• Upvote 1

I can relate to this. I went through this, now I view my family differently, some I choose not interact with because they are spiritually damaging and some I can approach from a space of more compassion than ever before. I discovered it was easier for me to show that kindness to others because there's no trauma attached to the strangers in my life. They don't trigger me or remind me of my failures, they are chances to start over. With your family there's always that history, you can't ever get away from it and that's hard :( 

That's exactly what I was afraid of.. :/ I feel like I am going to "reconnect" with some of them, but certain people seems like they are "lost" forever... But isn't that kind of fucked up? You love them and they love you.. Must be a way to get past the trauma related to that person.

Thanks for your reply.