YourDarkSide

Awareness

13 posts in this topic

So ... I have been practicing awareness of my body out in the open in society, which has been a pretty big challenge.

I have found that being aware of my body and my body alone, can heal me better than trying to be aware of all my senses at the same time

I have tried to be aware of my vision, what I hear, and my body..... But I've noticed that when I focus solely on my body I feel a whole lot better

Now... the question is... Is it possible to heal myself through just purely being aware of my body and not have to work on my child wounds or is healing child wounds absolutely necessary, because... I kind of I THINK have two teachers

One is teal swan and the other is one I will not mention due to not wanting to derive attention from teal swans website

Basically my other teacher teaches that awareness can cure you

Where as... Teal teaches... that you need to work on what happen in your childhood

I am at a dilemma

However

I have decided that I can pursue both paths I suppose

I will be aware of my body as much as I can throughout the day without losing awareness of it

And..through one of teals certified people(if they can handle me) I will do some shadow work or childhood issues or whatever it's called

Yeah... sounds cool

Thoughts?

13 hours ago, walt said:

If you have suffered trauma it is in your body some where. Those wounded feelings have to be addressed to go away.

Awareness is an excellent tool to help guide you through the healing process.

This community is way more friendly than the one I usually am at, thank you.

I'm planning to visit one of Teal Swans teachers in my area to heal, if she can handle my extremes...hopefully it all works out and I get these emotions that are supposedly to come out.

Thank you so much once again for your comment

On 22/07/2016 at 3:22 AM, YourDarkSide said:

I am at a dilemma

picking a teacher is like picking a hobby or a sport or a musical instrument. you pick the one that matches your nature and your inner drive. the one that speaks to you, the one yu can hear, the one that makes something move in you. same with their teachings. some are for you, some are for others. 

as a way to distinguish between what sounds right (based on matching previous 'programming') and what feels right, look at your understanding of it. if you have to ask about it or have doubts, it means you didn't really 'hear' it, it didn't really click with your nature. 

that which is for you sounds very clear from the first time you hear it. there's no resistance to it.

as for working through your body, that's a nice way to do it, if that's your natural inclination. people who are into sports or hiking for instance, are naturally inclined to work through the body. most do it unconscious, but still, is their natural drive so it works for them. 

i've discovered that i'm most in my body when i swim or when i climb a tree, because i have to fully be in it to control it well for the task. when passing a thread through a needle's hole for instance, all of your body's attention is focused in the eyes and the hands. there's no awareness in the rest of the body.

so while doing something that requires you to fully be in the body, see how comfortable you feel while working with your body. that also includes moments when you are in physical pain. do you stay with it or try to push it away or dissociate from it? (you know that sense of pulling away from the pain, resisting falling into it).

that should give you some clues if healing through the body is your thing or not. 

• Upvote 2

Healing childhood wounds is great, but is ineffective to heal a broken toe.  Awareness can help avoid a broken toe, sometimes, but becoming aware of childhood trauma can also be as painful as a broken toe.  The key, I think, is to use the appropriate means for your desired outcome.   Unfortunately, btw, there are not many 'medical' procedures for healing broken toes. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Reneggaide said:

Healing childhood wounds is great, but is ineffective to heal a broken toe.  Awareness can help avoid a broken toe, sometimes, but becoming aware of childhood trauma can also be as painful as a broken toe.  The key, I think, is to use the appropriate means for your desired outcome.   Unfortunately, btw, there are not many 'medical' procedures for healing broken toes. 

Who has a broken toe? lol 

Just now, Reneggaide said:

Probably someone playing pokeman go when they could have been healing childhood traumas lol

lolol ok now you're scaring me because someome I know plays pokemon go and hurt her foot,  you know too much!

TRIGGERED

But it's ok  ... <3 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, walt said:

Please elaborate on "appropriate means" and any personal experience you have with trauma?

Appropriate means, would be dictated by your desired outcome/personal preference for getting there, I would assume...If I may be so bold.

7 hours ago, walt said:

Please elaborate on "appropriate means" and any personal experience you have with trauma?

Ah, sorry I dont practice medicine but common sense says not to use a hammer when what you want is an afternoon catnap.  

My personal experience with trauma?  Is this an offer for me to dig up some old broken toe experiences?  lol, just this last spring...

6 hours ago, WireX said:

Appropriate means, would be dictated by your desired outcome/personal preference for getting there, I would assume...If I may be so bold.

Splitting hairs, but yes, applying ice, elevation and compression to a broken toe could mean jamming one's foot into a full freezer for some individuals.

5 minutes ago, walt said:

I want you to consider that some people come to this sight looking for answers.

I'm sure you would have more fun trolling elsewhere.

That's nice to know, thank you for offering a practical advise on the principles of healing trauma.

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 1:28 PM, walt said:

Walt, if by "problems" you mean opportunities, sure.

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 9:26 PM, walt said:

Would this "getting there" involve awareness that one has problems?

If by "problems", you mean opportunities, sure. 

It's like saying you want to learn to play guitar, just cause you can't yet, doesn't mean you have a problem, quite the opposite; you've an opportunity to learn to play the guitar. If you want to call your opportunities problems, I'm not sure how you are ever able to grow in a healthy way, it would seem the only option is to stagnate. To pretend you don't desire to play guitar, because otherwise you would have a "problem". Things grow.  

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 9:26 PM, walt said:

Would this "getting there" involve awareness that one has problems?

If by "problems", you mean opportunities, sure. 

It's like saying you want to learn to play guitar, just cause you can't yet, doesn't mean you have a problem, quite the opposite; you've an opportunity to learn to play the guitar. If you want to call your opportunities problems, I'm not sure how you are ever able to grow in a healthy way, it would seem the only option is to stagnate. To pretend you don't desire to play guitar, because otherwise you would have a "problem". Things grow.  

Oh shit, I didn't notice there was a second page...thought my response didn't go through...my tablet acts funny with this site.