Garnet

Fear of colors

17 posts in this topic

I don't know where even to begin with this. 

I do like and appreciate all the colors but when it comes to my personal choices... no. I only feel comfortable with certain dark shades. That's it.

I love flowers. Maybe somehow i compensate color this way. But if you dress me into a peachy dress, I'll be standing like a mannequin. My body literally stops moving. Very bright colors make me shake. 

Please share your opinion and experiences with color or any insights ❤

• Upvote 3

I am also color sensitive when it comes to environment. If something out of balance for too long, it is hard for me to concentrate. It's like my focus gets stuck on color or proportion and i'll be changing it in my mind to feel better.

Oh my god, I need to find this thing... aha :)

http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=cf

It's a color oracle, I really love this :)

1 hour ago, Abbey Dawn said:

I hate very bright LED lights. They drive me nuts.

Me too! especially the blue ones...

EDIT: I just took the color oracle... god it was spot on accurate again...

Edited by Tessa Rae
wrong link!
  • Upvote 2

Rufous-Backed Kingfisher (Ceyx rufidorsa) @ Panti Forest:

The Violet Backed Starling.This is one of my favorite birds; it's right up there with the peacock! :):

That's a gorgeous bird!   Tiê Sangue (Ramphocelus bresilius) / Brazilian Tanager:

The Common Starling, also known as the European Starling or in the British Isles just the Starling, is a medium-sized passerine bird in the starling family Sturnidae.:

I like these colours on them it certainly reminds me of my creator and the beauty is irresistible.

I am not very good with bright, shinny colours.  Just Like brown liquor it takes me to a place of great despair at times :D

Recently I started noticing that I try to avoid bright red particularly. I feel it has some kind of a toxic effect. I love Teal, chocolate, champagne ;)  

Edited by Teena
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2016 at 9:27 AM, Garnet said:

I don't know where even to begin with this. 

I do like and appreciate all the colors but when it comes to my personal choices... no. I only feel comfortable with certain dark shades. That's it.

I love flowers. Maybe somehow i compensate color this way. But if you dress me into a peachy dress, I'll be standing like a mannequin. My body literally stops moving. Very bright colors make me shake. 

Please share your opinion and experiences with color or any insights ❤

Do you remember when you first decided that you don't like those bright colors?

On 7/20/2016 at 10:16 PM, Tessa Rae said:

Oh my god, I need to find this thing... aha :)

On 7/20/2016 at 9:22 PM, Abbey Dawn said:

I hate very bright LED lights. They drive me nuts.

Me too! especially the blue ones...

EDIT: I just took the color oracle... god it was spot on accurate again...

Edited July 20 by Tessa Rae

I just tried this, thank you for posting this link.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Adam said:

Do you remember when you first decided that you don't like those bright colors?

Tbh no, i don't... I thought about it after watching Teal's yesterday's  video about suppressed memory. The closest memory i do have is when i received an ugly color sweater from my mom for my birthday. I pretended i was happy that day, but i was actually angry at her because by that time she clearly knew my preferences. Eventually i told her i can't wear that sweater and she wasn't  surprised nor upset. She said it's okay and just kept it to herself.

Also i think something has changed since i posted this question here. I don't feel as irritated with some colors. I actually bought something about a week ago that is completely out of my character - cream white fuzzy blanket! And i never liked white! I don't know how that happened... i put my hands on it and couldn't let it go :D

On 7/20/2016 at 11:16 PM, Tessa Rae said:

I just tried it. Very interesting and accurate!

Thank you for sharing this, Tessa ❤

On 7/21/2016 at 1:35 AM, Teena said:

Just Like brown liquor it takes me to a place of great despair at times :D

Recently I started noticing that I try to avoid bright red particularly. I feel it has some kind of a toxic effect. 

I am very careful with brown color. It has to be very natural brown for me. Also i think most people look instantly aged wearing brown clothes. Unless it's shoes or bags :D

Red is among my favorites. But yes, very bright red i can't stand myself. Deep bloody or cherry reds are the best :)

Very beautiful birds, Teena! I love birds!!! ❤

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

Tbh no, i don't... I thought about it after watching Teal's yesterday's  video about suppressed memory. The closest memory i do have is when i received an ugly color sweater from my mom for my birthday. I pretended i was happy that day, but i was actually angry at her because by that time she clearly knew my preferences. Eventually i told her i can't wear that sweater and she wasn't  surprised nor upset. She said it's okay and just kept it to herself.

Also i think something has changed since i posted this question here. I don't feel as irritated with some colors. I actually bought something about a week ago that is completely out of my character - cream white fuzzy blanket! And i never liked white! I don't know how that happened... i put my hands on it and couldn't let it go :D

:) When you said "I think something has changed since posting this question here" I felt a huge resonance. It was a "yes, I know!" feeling. That might have something to do with myself but, I think sometimes just putting something out there for other awarenesses to notice can cause a shift in us.

Also, maybe someone was also helping you via intention vibration.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to think if I don't like a color. I would never wear anything bright, I shouldn't say never, but I like darker colors, I like maroon better than red, so any color, but the darker version lol.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Garnet said:

I am very careful with brown color. It has to be very natural brown for me. Also i think most people look instantly aged wearing brown clothes. Unless it's shoes or bags :D

Red is among my favorites. But yes, very bright red i can't stand myself. Deep bloody or cherry reds are the best :)

Very beautiful birds, Teena! I love birds!!! ❤

@Garnet  I think I know what you mean by brown colour! yeah bright red I repel but I love maroon colour :D

Those birds are beautiful, I wish I had colours like them :( 

4 minutes ago, Alex7 said:

I'm trying to think if I don't like a color. I would never wear anything bright, I shouldn't say never, but I like darker colors, I like maroon better than red, so any color, but the darker version lol.

@Alex7 oh wow I just finished commenting and I saw you also had commented on maroon :D 

1 hour ago, Teena said:

@Garnet  I think I know what you mean by brown colour! yeah bright red I repel but I love maroon colour :D

Those birds are beautiful, I wish I had colours like them :( 

@Alex7 oh wow I just finished commenting and I saw you also had commented on maroon :D 

its a good color :) 

• Upvote 2

I used to feel the same way and then I realized that I was rejecting a feminine aspect of myself that loves pastels and light colors. I used to love darker colors because they were 'sexy, powerful and masculine'. I do not look good in dark colors. I remember being in 5th grade and we had our color chart done by an image consultant, and she gave me pastels and I was so angry that I threw them away and took the darker colors instead. That was around the time I started rejecting my femininity, it made me extremely angry to be considered girly, when I considered girly 'weak' and I wanted to be respected (because I could clearly see being girly is not respected in society, even at 10 years old). Just my experience with colors : ) now, I love lighter colors. They look really good on me, and I surround myself with pastels and light, bright, pretty things. But I love all colors! Colors give me life 

• Upvote 3