Guest amy f

Avoidance Technique?

4 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

Sometimes i feel that life can be too much, and sometimes i feel like i am really going to fall apart. And for some like me, this falling apart might lead to regrettable decisions that you can not take back. Decisions you can not come back from. In my darkest moments, when emotion hits me hard, and i feel stuck and hopeless, wallowing in the  pain, i end up somewhere in my mind that brings me peace. But it is not real, but it feels real. Is this avoidance if you let yourself feel the pain?Am i not letting myself wallow in it for long enough? 

It sounds like you're doing it perfectly fine :) Teal said when you do that, it's natural for your vibration to rise. It's happening just the way it should, you don't have to make yourself sit in pain for longer if your mind is resolving it for you, even if this resolution happens in a short time. Length of time doesn't necessarily equate effectiveness. It would be avoidance if you weren't letting yourself sit in those emotions at all. But you are sitting with them. You don't have to over think it too much, you're good :) 

1 hour ago, amy f said:

i end up somewhere in my mind 

i have a similar issue. Basically this is the reason why i have attention problems and can't drive a car by myself.