Rivals? A drive for Competition

139 posts in this topic

This isn't about peace or love or connection or even fighting.

Its about Evolution...

You evolve terribly slowly when not met with a challenge that stirs your soul.

The fire within must be fanned for it to flame outward and the bigger the wind the better.

Peace is nice...

However Peace and no training becomes Weakness because that's doing nothing and I don't get weaker I get stronger.

Clubs and little cliques are nice but for me they are a hindrance.  Its better to have a friend or two who you can look in the eye and say...

"Your not gonna win." That boosts the pressure and gets the palms sweaty.  

Then when we finish competing for that time we laugh and restart when ready.

I want a rival who is like me who throws them self headfirst into a worthy cause and demonstrates PROWESS as well as TENACITY.  

Someone who has drive who I can...

RACE TO THE TOP!!! ? 

Edited by Yamanu
Left out words

2 hours ago, Yamanu said:

The spark of my blood flowing and my heart pounding...To feel ALIVE

Question:

Do you want to fight or do you want peace and love?

For me choosing to fight never leads to love or peace, it only results in more fighting. If you want peace you have got to focus on peace.

If fighting is your choice though I recommend you take classes that focus on such themes such as boxing, martial arts etcetera...hmm basically if you have an interest that can be practiced with another, find clubs or places that have professionals. In such a place you would definitively find fighters to match that urge.

Edited by Jerry Tyfting
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Teena said:

@Yamanu are we that bad? lol

Its not about y'all.

Its about me this is the first post I'll say wasn't intended to address anyone or thing but me specifically.

You couldn't say 'We' even if I was speaking on y'all because most of you don't challenge me at all so there has been no prerequisite for saying your bad or good.

There have been however people here like Adam and Akurabi who have challenged me and given up very easily which doesn't frustrate me but...

Its lame 

1 hour ago, Jerry Tyfting said:

Question:

Do you want to fight or do you want peace and love?

For me choosing to fight never leads to love or peace, it only results in more fighting. If you want peace you have got to focus on peace.

If fighting is your choice though I recommend you take classes that focus on such themes such as boxing, martial arts etcetera...hmm basically if you have an interest that can be practiced with another, find clubs or places that have professionals. In such a place you would definitively find fighters to match that urge.

This isn't about peace or love or connection or even fighting.

Its about Evolution...

You evolve terribly slowly when not met with a challenge that stirs your soul.

The fire within must be fanned for it to flame outward and the bigger the wind the better.

Peace is nice...

However Peace and no training becomes Weakness because that's doing nothing and I don't get weaker I get stronger.

Clubs and little cliques are nice but for me they are a hindrance.  Its better to have a friend or two who you can look in the eye and say...

Then when we finish competing for that time we laugh and restart when ready.

I want a rival who is like me who throws them self headfirst into a worthy cause and demonstrates PROWESS as well as TENACITY.  

Someone who has drive who I can...

RACE TO THE TOP!!! ? 

1 hour ago, Yamanu said:

So it is about winning then? Or rather What is it about winning that gives you this reaction?
there is an emotional response you get to this that i feel curious about.

Edited by Jerry Tyfting
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jerry Tyfting said:

So it is about winning then? Or rather What is it about winning that gives you this reaction?
there is an emotional response you get to this that i feel curious about.

Its not about winning.

Its not about the results.

It's about the intensity...

Its about the thrill...

My response to competition is invigoration and being further compelled to strive for higher greatness.

I don't know what emotions or feelings your looking for but its highly probable you wont find a link between them and what I desire.  

My desires aren't driven by feelings or emotions.  

I am my desires and so I'm not looking for them or striving for them.

My wish is to be pushed to and beyond the limit by external force just as my internal force.

To compete or not to compete ! Some competition can be good and even useful. Then again , competition can cause other problems, it can pit man against man and become something more. Something that can separate people , and this is not a good thing.  Remember , competition can also be the basis of ONE IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER to which I would never support !

3 hours ago, Craig said:

To compete or not to compete ! Some competition can be good and even useful. Then again , competition can cause other problems, it can pit man against man and become something more. Something that can separate people , and this is not a good thing.  Remember , competition can also be the basis of ONE IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER to which I would never support !

People who can't be objective about competition aren't fit to compete.

Simple plain and dry.  

Only weaklings are that disgruntled by losing or winning.

Your even more weak if trash talk causes you to lose your cool...

In life though...

There are those who are better than others...

Whether you support it or not the fact will remain that there are levels...

To how good you are

5 hours ago, Yamanu said:

My wish is to be pushed to and beyond the limit by external force just as my internal force.

Hmm this might have triggered something for me. I have been on a similar ride or thought pattern, to be the best I can be on whatever I focus on so I recognize what you are saying.
I have faced so much that I want peace or a "vacation" from that intensity for some time. For me fighting too much exhaust me especially when I think I might have already reached an "expert level" at what I do. The only "worthy" adversary left eventually was and still is myself.

I also feel that I have found very few others to match the energy I present. It can be very passionate and sometimes very present.

So in what things do you want to feel this rush of competition?  

21 minutes ago, walt said:

Tessa Rae is killing you in the verbosity category!

I fail to see the importance in this statement...

Is this to mean she is slandering my name or...?

19 minutes ago, Jerry Tyfting said:

Hmm this might have triggered something for me. I have been on a similar ride or thought pattern, to be the best I can be on whatever I focus on so I recognize what you are saying.
I have faced so much that I want peace or a "vacation" from that intensity for some time. For me fighting too much exhaust me especially when I think I might have already reached an "expert level" at what I do. The only "worthy" adversary left eventually was and still is myself.

I also feel that I have found very few others to match the energy I present. It can be very passionate and sometimes very present.

So in what things do you want to feel this rush of competition?  

It doesn't matter what really...

I take on just about any challenge even if I've never done it before.

The rush would come from the person them self.  

I've been around novices who have more intensity about them than some who claim to be expert.

Its hard for me to live in peace.  

I always have the urge to try out a new idea so I remain in the seat of doing.

@Jerry Tyfting I just had someone challenge one of my posts...

His challenge was weak and the link he posted has sub par information bit it was amusing at least....

That's kinda what Im looking for someone to challenge here at least what I say...

I like challenges without so many holes in them though

In the past I have dealt with a great deal of competition. It was a daily thing, I chose to put myself in that position. That time was governed by violence. The more aggressive and violent I was , the more praise I got. After only two years of this , I was under the spell of brotherhood , some one has your back regardless of whether or not I was right or wrong. Then , after a while  I realized I had few friends and the respect that I was really craving was replaced with fear. So one day, I simply left. Not easy to leave a vast criminal group like that. They DONT LIKE THAT.  It took time to regain the confidence of others , even my own family were somewhat intimidated. My point is competition can be a bad thing. Shit , just imagine if they had all loved instead of intimidated , that could never happen though. There will always be someone else with more hate and desire to take my place. This was a dangerous and awkward time, uneasy,unsafe. That is probably the worse example of competition but that's how it started.   It is healthy for competition to enhance ones ability or performance but it can soon be replaced with something not nice.  It was over 20yrs ago and I learn t so much from it. I would always love and cherish some of the good bits, but they were few. COMPETITION CAN BE GOOD OR EVIL, its how you use it.  

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, PROFIT said:

Don't take this the wrong way because you know Ive liked your posts, complimented on your intelligence in private, Im not trying to challenge you (or maybe I am I don't give a fuck if you think so), or claim to know more than you so, but let me get this straight cause I understand how some of the people here can't stand you.

So your thrill is sitting behind a computer screen at the comfort of your own home trying to outdebate strangers on a message board you will never meet face to face? 

The reason you are so succefsul at these so called challenges with people is because it got to you at a young age and now through trial and error your brain figured out how to turn things around. Your brain is on the defensive 24/7 so it already has its own "unconscious attack mechanism" it uses to outdo others who start attacking you in these irelevant bs debates that nobody is going to remember in a couple of weeks from now.

How about channel your "thrill" to something more meaningful? Go outside, learn to hunt, talk to hot women or climb a fucking mountain. Debating random people in an internet forum because you want to feel challenged is something most people can't take seriously. On offense this is silly :/

Where do you live?

Lmfao this is definitely a good laugh.

On the contrary you've failed and I'll tell you why.

I meditate all day pretty much from sun up to sun down...I rarely take breaks and when I do I'll get on here to find a challenging subject for the mind

In school I was a top debator about anything even subjects I wasn't there to study before the debates...

I don't need to be on the defensive as I have advanced my skills enough that my offense and defense are ONE...

I don't have a working computer to visit this website on ???????? I use a cellphone and I can't look at it too long because I am sensitive to artificial light ??????? can't stay on I get on in intervals

I am who I AM I couldn't give a dam or a $h!t if people can 'stand me' ????

I enjoy positive and negative press its all amusing to me ?

If they're weak enough to only talk about me when I can't see it then they aren't worth my space of mind.

Now for the conclusion...

I have to stay put for now so my only way to get amusement is by being online for the time being.

TRUST ME

I'm far more bored with these regular people than they are angry at who I am

BELIEVE THAT ??????

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

In the past I have dealt with a great deal of competition. It was a daily thing, I chose to put myself in that position. That time was governed by violence. The more aggressive and violent I was , the more praise I got. After only two years of this , I was under the spell of brotherhood , some one has your back regardless of whether or not I was right or wrong. Then , after a while  I realized I had few friends and the respect that I was really craving was replaced with fear. So one day, I simply left. Not easy to leave a vast criminal group like that. They DONT LIKE THAT.  It took time to regain the confidence of others , even my own family were somewhat intimidated. My point is competition can be a bad thing. Shit , just imagine if they had all loved instead of intimidated , that could never happen though. There will always be someone else with more hate and desire to take my place. This was a dangerous and awkward time, uneasy,unsafe. That is probably the worse example of competition but that's how it started.   It is healthy for competition to enhance ones ability or performance but it can soon be replaced with something not nice.  It was over 20yrs ago and I learn t so much from it. I would always love and cherish some of the good bits, but they were few. COMPETITION CAN BE GOOD OR EVIL, its how you use it.  

I don't believe in good or bad or evil 

There is only whats done or not done in my reality.

I'm glad you learned from that and I hope it was fun.

Lack of competition for me is a missing of something I like to have the competition around because its a measuring tool and a way to pool abilities.