Francesca Gela

What's the underlying need in hoarding behavior?

10 posts in this topic

A lot of times with addictions, if the person stops the behavior they will start feeling the underlying feeling or belief causing the behavior.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Adam said:

A lot of times with addictions, if the person stops the behavior they will start feeling the underlying feeling or belief causing the behavior.

 

Thank you, makes sense, in this case one has to try to get rid of an object one has a strong attachment and analyse one's feelings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 16, 2016 at 7:37 PM, authorofdarkness said:

I have worked with hoarders before and I would say security and control.

thank you, I can definitely see how lack of security and control apply in this instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I can relate to hoarders a little bit. Sometimes I "ration" things unnecessarily (and even buy 2x of something so I can enjoy one liberally and stash the other), and lots of "just in case" instances with keeping things around.

So I feel like it's a lack/scarcity mentality, and probably security related also ('cause you get attached to things, and if you have it then things are okay hahaha)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's caused by the fear of losing things or letting go. It is attachment.

Edited by Atom
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my mother was a hoarder growing up. She was a rebellious 80s child, who found her body deteriorating and needing surgery by her late 20s. She would go through my garbage, sometimes just keep the whole bag *because its not really garbage, we can fix everything*

hoarding is a theme in my life.

Starting with my mom, now I hear my angry neighbor fighting with her children on a daily basis about throwing her precious things away. To further add more hoarders to my life, my partner is a mover. He sees ALL. And there is a difference in a person (generally a woman) who feels a sense of loss of control in her own life that she keeps everything out of desperation. her own worth is in her items. thee women who behave like this almost always have very little money, or are dependent on others financially.

then there is what I term "cat poop hoarders" that have stacks of rotting garbage, feces, stacked or strewn about their home to the degree that the home is either a maze or they simply live (haha, live) in one room while the rest of the home fills with an ever increasing heap of nastiness. when these people move every piece of poop is important, the bowls of rotting take out? going.

The difference between the two is vast, and quite obvious. While I am not sure of the exact conditions that create a cat poop hoarder, I know that is part of why we are all here. Humans have been "human" too long, and have stopped expanding. Starseeds, gridkeepers, spiritual leaders like Teal, they are all here as a response to humanities desperate pleas, they have gotten so lost in consuming and destruction, that they are unable to remove themselves as a person from those experiences. ever heard of retail therapy?

greed and desperation only benefit the 1% yet the rest of the 99% are fed the same agenda, and literally go crazy when the rigged system lets them down. Some people wake up, some people hoard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Francesca I understand something about hoarding. It was sorta ingrained in my family was poor and  I am one of eleven children. We were taught to hold on to things and pass the items to someone who might need them. As a adult I still struggle with throwing out something because I have 40 nieces and nephews also three grandbaby's and I might have something they need. Yes I was keeping containers because they are reusable but my daughter helped me out by throwing them out. I hope this helps you to understand a way of why someone boards sincerely Aquartzs

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now