DEPERSONALISATION + DEREALISATION

All my life I have never really felt quite 'alive' and everything around me has just seemed kind of fake. Its like I'm here but not really here.

I feel like I am just watching my life, like a movie but not really in it. Because this is perspective is all I have experienced, I just thought life was like this.

But then I started opening up to some people about this and I found they did not have this same feeling or perspective.

After doing some research I discovered some things about dissociative states including: depersonalisation and derealisation. 

Unfortunately, I think I have both of these conditions. 

I would really like to hear what everyone has to say but also if this topic is of great relevance to many people it would be nice if Teal did a video on this. I am really struggling and if there are other people out there with similar problems it would be really nice to have some guidance of how to overcome these conditions. 

Happy people engage in what they love to do. Are there any areas of interest you are pursuing or thinking about?

I'm afraid with my particular situation it isn't a case of not understanding or accepting that the reality in front of us is potentially nothing more than an illusion; I literally am not in my life or in my body. It is like I am locked out. For example, my disassociation is so severe sometimes I don't realise I am driving then when I realise I am driving I have a panic attack. I literally have to concentrate so hard to even be "kind of in the moment." 

I feel that these experiences are not healthy. That is why I have come to the conclusion that I must on some level be experiencing derealisation and depersonalisation. 

Intellectual self diagnosis doesn't really resolve anything. I know a few older people stuck in this pattern.