Anonymous211

Is it worth praying for the sick?

This may sound very controversial but this thought recently occurred to me and started getting me worried for obvious reasons. Let me explain my point and I would really appreciate if you keep an open mind about this:

Having been on the spiritual journey for a couple of months now, I learnt from listening to various spiritual teachers including Teal that a period of intense suffering could lead someone on the spiritual path or even to enlightenment in rare cases. I have also understood that such events are created by the universe to force one to become more present and ultimately become closer to realising his own self - My question, therefore, is: If someone is very sick and is in deep suffering, it is possible that this is part of the Universe's bigger plan to bring the person closer to enlightenment  - and, therefore, do I really want to wish for this person's pain to stop and deprive him/her of this incredible opportunity? 

Ultimately, I believe that the Universe creates events in our lives for a reason and, therefore, does it make sense for me to wish that it were otherwise? Maybe my wish defeats the purpose of why the event was created by the Universe in the first place. I know that this will sound crazy because we would all wish for someone not to suffer.

Thanks a lot

What you choose to do, praying or not, is part of YOUR journey. The suffering or attempts to heal, are THEIR journey.  Anyway, aren't we supposed to be reducing suffering in OUR journey? If praying does that for you, go for it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Anonymous211 said:

This may sound very controversial but this thought recently occurred to me and started getting me worried for obvious reasons. Let me explain my point and I would really appreciate if you keep an open mind about this:

Having been on the spiritual journey for a couple of months now, I learnt from listening to various spiritual teachers including Teal that a period of intense suffering could lead someone on the spiritual path or even to enlightenment in rare cases. I have also understood that such events are created by the universe to force one to become more present and ultimately become closer to realising his own self - My question, therefore, is: If someone is very sick and is in deep suffering, it is possible that this is part of the Universe's bigger plan to bring the person closer to enlightenment  - and, therefore, do I really want to wish for this person's pain to stop and deprive him/her of this incredible opportunity? 

Ultimately, I believe that the Universe creates events in our lives for a reason and, therefore, does it make sense for me to wish that it were otherwise? Maybe my wish defeats the purpose of why the event was created by the Universe in the first place. I know that this will sound crazy because we would all wish for someone not to suffer.

Thanks a lot

I understand your question.

But I really DO NOT think "everything is part of the plan" as if things would be entirely written from above and beyond -how could free will take place then?

Suffering may bring enlightment but it also may bring violence, suicide, despair, etc

Many things we want this world free of, don't we?

I think some events have a reason while  some others simply don't.

Of course life seems easier when everything seems to have a meaning!

Some may think their cancer is a bliss while others will look up to our sprayed skies and wonder how long are we going to let these humans destroy this precious and beautiful blue planet?

Back to your question: I think the need to pray or not to pray is entirely up to your heart and mind.

love and cheers,

Deneb

On 4/11/2019 at 3:27 PM, Anonymous211 said:

Of course, it worth praying! It cost you nothing to take a minute and send a person good thoughts, wish healing and love! 

• Like 1

You could pray to the sick in order for them to experience, grow, evolve and transform to what the illness came into their life for, as, if they experience whatever the illness came into their life for, then, there won't be any needs for the illness to stay so there are more chances for them to heal or at least improve and move on to live other experiences. There's no guarantee the person will heal but I think it might be worth a shot...