twisted love

what do you think of the concept of "i can do better"

8 posts in this topic

for example in a realtionship...ur partner may not be bad in any way...but u think i can do better. one one hand it seems like u shuld always chase happiness...but it also seems like "better" is an abstract concept that doesn't really exist

1 hour ago, authorofdarkness said:

I used to think about it, then one day I realized my wife could do better but chose me and so I developed an attitude of gratitude instead of wondering if there was someone better

thats a good atitude...but u no...maybe she doesn't think she can do better. not saying anything bad about ur wife...just saying u no she thinks diffently then u and thinks u are perfection.....even tho u may think less of yourself. ....but regalrdless....the attidue is a good one to have. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, twisted love said:

thats a good atitude...but u no...maybe she doesn't think she can do better. not saying anything bad about ur wife...just saying u no she thinks diffently then u and thinks u are perfection.....even tho u may think less of yourself. ....but regalrdless....the attidue is a good one to have. 

oh she has no illusions about my perfections :P and she could do better I don't make as much money as a lot of people and I'm not as handy as most of her friends... she could do better

25 minutes ago, authorofdarkness said:

oh she has no illusions about my perfections :P and she could do better I don't make as much money as a lot of people and I'm not as handy as most of her friends... she could do better

thats sounds very sweet..the way you view her:)

@twisted love Boy I saved my life because of this notion 'I can do better'. I am this old school girl who thinks marriage is a serious commitment before I make that decision I think hundred times. Divorce or separation is not in my books (this is how I see commitment and love).  I am not looking for the perfect man or something but looking back at my ex s I think 'I can do better' has definitely saved me. Now I am conscious I can make good decisions. 

I agree with Walt, as we grow, our needs change. It's not that you can't do better, it's just that the old partner doesn't suit you anymore, you're just simply growing apart, and that can be painful sometimes. No offense to whoever that partner is.