Broken_Mirror33

The horrors of dialectical materialism: A culture of violence and conflict.

The horrors of dialectical materialism: A culture of violence and conflict.

The rise in Marxist ideology on college campuses has me deeply troubled. Far be it for me to label any set of ideas as "dangerous." But these ideas are dangerous. And, yet, on the face of it is a seemingly harmless political theory that views society in terms of class conflict using a materialist interpretation of mankind's historical development. In fact, Marxism has been defined as Darwinism applied to social theory.

It all seems so innocent, but my philosophical instincts alert me to a category error. At the heart of it is the notion that conflict is necessary for mankind's evolution. Indeed, conflict is essential for the Darwinian principle: survival of the fittest. But this seems to me an oversimplification of the idea. The term 'survival of the fittest' applies to reproductive success not societal conflict and therein lies the category error! The two ideas are simply incompatible. Therefore, applying Darwinism in this manner to social theory is complete nonsense.

Marxism does not create mankind's dreamt of utopia. In fact, far from it! We do know what it does create, however: a society ruled by violence and conflict. That is, if we remove the promise of a better future from the theory of Marxism. What we're left with is the ideology of a madman, or perhaps a mad scientist! How else can we get the Killing Fields of Cambodia or the atrocities witnessed under Stalin's regime (not to mention Mao Zedong)? Is this evolution? Is this social progress?

But this does beg the question, why does a seemingly benign materialist philosophy (however mistaken it may be) unleash such horrors upon the world? I think it has something to do with viewing humanity as something less than human: the idea that man is just another animal. The Russian novelist Fyodor Dostoevsky once said; "If God didn't exist we would have to invent him."

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
finished editing
  • Like 1

I have always felt allergic to Marxism no matter how hard one of my friends tried to talk me into his completely allienated and alienating theory viewed as fact.

Its biggest and most obvious -let's call it- detrimental aspect IS the desperate need to promote and encourage war between social classes. naive souls 

Marxism promotes separation and also hatred of other groups perceived as separated from their so called oh so deloyal cause.

For me and for many many many many many other beings who might be reading this discussion without ever feeling the need to register (you just don't in 6D😎) the abomination of this ideology that can seem so attractive to some is just...amazing.

This is an excellent issue that needs to be adressed and you did it perfectly with your word and topic my Dear BM.

Don't worry...

Everybody now wants that beyond what is beyond duality.

Maybe not everybody...

But more and more people, and that for sure

love and cheers,

Deneb

• Thanks 1

The isms have killed millions in the quest for security. No system can claim superiority with blood on its hands.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Marxism arose as an analysis of the capitalist system. Ever since it arose people have turned to it because they have observed the violence and exploitation that the capitalist system creates, and Marxism was the only alternative presented. The 1%, bourgeoisie or ruling class create violence and exploitation so people react to this by saying that power must be taken away by the 99%, proletariat or working-class (in Marxism working-class means all "classes" other than ruling-class). Marxism is a violent response to a violent situation in which so many people are dying as a result of wars for profits and other exploitation.

However Marxism as an answer has failed because it has led to the violence of failure mentioned in the thread. The 99% have never taken away the power of the 1%, and so failed violence has ensued. And the violence of the 1% continues and in my view is on the increase.

I suggest the answer lies in authentic integration on two levels. In our culture we are presented with a fragmented view of the world which does not show us the violence and exploitation of capitalism. For authentic integration I suggest that we all examine how integrated our world view is.

But more importantly there is the authentic integration on a personal level. An integrated person has compassion, and could not accept the violence and exploitation that exists in the capitalist system. At the same time integrating the fragmented personalities of Pol Pot, Stalin etc. would mean that they would have seen their strategy as self-defeating hurting the very people they claimed to have been fighting for.

Authentic integration would put a lie to all the illusions that are presented in western democracies, and by the very power of completion would demand a change to end the violence and exploitation those so-called democracies enact.

(Black panther - I have not looked at Peter Joseph yet)

• Like 1

Black Panther, Thanks very much for the Peter Joseph clip, it contains a great deal. I would note first of all that he has an integrated world view (using my term). But secondly and much more importantly he describes the necessity for survival. This needs to underpin all. Clearly the market, as consumer capitalism, shows no interest in survival but merely the perpetuation of profits. However Marxism also shows no interest in harmonising with Nature, redistributing rather than reducing resource exploitation as pointed out by Russell Means.

I have more to watch.

Hegemony is a good place to look for answers. Of course, internet conspiracy is more entertaining.

15 hours ago, Pecos said:

Hegemony is a good place to look for answers. Of course, internet conspiracy is more entertaining.

The only thing your snide remark proves is your deep insecurity. 

Edited by Black Panther

My contrasting hegemony and internet knowledge was to make a point. Hegemony is defined over thousands of years, the internet a few decades at best. Debating internet hearsay reaps few rewards.

On 5/3/2019 at 2:18 AM, Pecos said:

My contrasting hegemony and internet knowledge was to make a point. Hegemony is defined over thousands of years, the internet a few decades at best. Debating internet hearsay reaps few rewards.

Information is valid based on merit. Not Mommy or Daddy... Your feet are clearly stuck in the mud so debating you would be incestuous. Please, spare yourself the embarrassment.

Edited by Black Panther

There's a difference between thinking for yourself and being spoon fed from the internet. I think that's the point of your video.

7 hours ago, Pecos said:

There's a difference between thinking for yourself and being spoon fed from the internet. I think that's the point of your video.

I'm thinking beyond myself. You on the other hand, have only got your pathetic online persona in mind. Grow up. 

Edited by Black Panther

28 minutes ago, The Lyceum Metaphysica said:

@Pecos @Black Panther Do you two need a hug?

No we need change you prick. The world is going to hell. I'm not letting some stupid internet ego's stop me from spreading awareness.

But thank you for the thought.

Edited by Black Panther

You called me a prick and then thanked me? Make up your mind 😂

Things are as they must be. As I see it, we're living in the physical age, just before the emergence of the metaphysical age. Things get bad before they get better. Have you considered the radical implications Clarke's third law as it relates to a holistic understanding of being? Who knows! In 1000 years we could all be superwizards capable of shooting fettuccine noodles from our fingertips. 

Don't lament. Love. That's the challenge you're given. 

Edited by The Lyceum Metaphysica