Sign in to follow this  
m999999999

Can't get over my wasted potential

Can't get over my wasted potential

Ten years ago (at 17) I went through something that caused me to give up on my life.  In the shortest terms possible I wasted massive opportunities, wasted all of the potential in life, and now I am left with nothing and so miserable over the loss that I can't even imagine that having everything I want would even make me happy.  Just thinking about the things I wanted makes me fucking miserable and infuriated and drowning in regret.  I want to have a real conversation with someone about this which can help me to let go of this and move forward.  If you are serious and not just going to offer platitudes or send me videos to watch, please message me.  Thanks.

Edited by m999999999
details

What are you talking about?  What massive opportunities? How did you waste or lose this potential? (Are you really referring to the 'opportunities'  past rather than potential?)  ....Head spinning and shaking now  (metaphorically not literally).....

By may calculations 10+17 = 27 years. 

Human life span maxed out about 125 years. 8 hour of sleep another +4 for meals and exercise = 12 hours out of 24 hours a day = 62.5 years of awake time. Wake time spent 62.5 years - 13.5 years = 49 years of awake time left. That's a lot of time.  Point being is that you are still young, if your information and my calculations are correct.

So..... Why waste time wallowing in thing that have past. That is not something in your control.  Work on something that you can control. Sounds like you had plans that didn't pan out.  Start working on some new plans, maybe even take a different tact. A lot of people fail, sometime many times, before they get a little traction.In business and in life, by the way.  I hope you don't think that all opportunities happen before age 30. That would make this a $#%5$$!  world.  Just don't miss the next one.  As for your potential, your going to be learning and adapting for a lifetime. Who knows what type of potential you have or will develop; its always a work in progress. Sometimes two steps forward and one back.

Keep in mind that videos and books are not far from platitudes unless you are willing to act upon any advise you extract from them.  Your ability to act upon that information will still be required.

Take care.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not everyone of us goes through life without taking some scars on the way. You acted the way you did, because in that situation, you believed it was the best option to do. If you look back now and see, that they turned out to be wrong ones, don't use it to tear yourself down for having made mistakes. Instead, put the lessons you learned to use on what you can do in the here and now. You don't live in the past, and you can't change the past. But you can change the future.

• Thanks 1

Life is worth living. It feels like a drag sometimes, but when the energies get cleared from the body, all that's left is peace. I hope you are doing well.

J

We should think of regularly re-inventing ourselves to grow. I've done it a few times....and am in the process of doing it again. Don't let the past  write your future.

I think Teal's video on accepting you would do exactly the same as what you did given the exact same feelings, thoughts & conditions you encountered at the time.

I also get myself caught up thinking about this at times as a 30 year old now, but it is also failing to recognise who I have become in that time. An Abraham Hicks video discusses the concept of more & more desire building in this time as you realise what you didn't realise then.

Are some of your goals "age" related, e.g. wishing you'd make the most of a "young" image as an actor or singer? Are you comparing yourself to your peer? I know it is a hard one... but honestly, what I'm trying to work on at the moment, is coming to understand, there was no shortcut, other than lining up with those desires and putting in the work now that I wasn't ready then. I was too caught up in dismissing my value in some areas, taking my education for granted & not appreciating my subsequent value, as well as even way back when I was 22, expecting myself to be a seasoned pro, when I had only just graduated from uni... and so on.... which put me in a freeze with the work I am more ready to do now. Technically, I could have started that same work 10 years ago myself, and it might have flowed through me more sub-consciously, as opposed to feeling like I am "catching up with old desires"... I nevertheless, have to begin... and then see where I want to go from there..... or so I think at this point in time.... I too am open to suggestions on that note!

M999999 

I can tell by reading these posts that none of them were helpful to you. Becuase I was in your shoes at the beginning of the year. Now I am on the brink of have real connection and love in my life and it already starting to trickle in as I meet some great healers. 

For me it all started by making the decision to commit to my self. I’m still unemployed but supported by my mother not a decent extent now. I have the luxury of integrating (journaling) primarily which is the best process for integration. You don’t even need the “ completion process as it is excessive in steps. But you do need to constantly self inquire into your inner child. All those feeling can be gone in 3 weeks (I swear to god) if you wake up at 8 am and go to sleep at 11pm and do essentially nothing all day but integrate. It’s primarly a following the feeling process which works even if your dissociated like me. It’s just requires you to pay a little more attention. I highly recommend Metaphysical Anatomy as that will deifnilty help with getting the emotional vipasan process going. I also continually go back and forth non stopping watching Teals videos as it is in fact the best source of information. 

I know now that being on this foroum is one of the most painful and harmful places to be on in your shoes. Just by looking at some of these posts are cringe. I can feel your pain. I’ve been there. It’s just a matter of making to the commitment to.

1. Non avoidance( if you think you should go one way toward the good feeling don’t go the other towards the thing your avoiding) 

2. Journal everything everything, all the thoughts that come to your head and all of the emotions and the stories that play out!!!!!! I hate all the morons that have never healed anything that tell you other wise. What those are is subconsious mind telling you what level on integration tht part of you is. It also repeats the feeling and thoughts you have in relation to your self and others. So always make sure to right it down and self reference. The goal here with integration is to start connecting all the dots and seeing how things come together. 

3. Vipasana. These are a blessing as they massively accelerate the healing process. You must be willing to sit these as long as possible. The more you sit with it the better. This along with the “Now it get it!” Moments are the very thing that integrates. 

I hope this has been helpful. I understand your pain being on this website makes me feel suicidal at times and is a damn pitty Teal Swan does not jump in and share her two cents. 

Regards Greg