crowds and empaths? Advice

How do you guys deal with transmuting lots of negative energy out of people? I’m an empath and whenever I go to crowded places I end up taking in all of the negative energy and transmuting it. It exhausts me a good bit actually and I was wondering if anyone had any tips of dealing with large amounts of negative energy? 

My typical 5 senses have always been a bit hyperactive.  In the past that created, what I would describe as sensory overload. Too much incoming input from every direction, especially in crowds, familiar or not. There are different way you can deal with excess stimuli.

One method I call, raising shields.  Block, deflect or filter what you would want allow in. Don't recommend blocking as you still want to navigate and keep some degree of awareness; not to mention the expending of effort to stop it. Filtering is a type of imposed tunnel vision. Pick what you wish to focus on and block or deflect the rest. This would classify as active interaction. Like a pinging sonar. 

Another method is armored absorption. Don't worry or try to understand all the stimuli. Harden your focus like in filtering. Take the rest without passing a judgement as to its nature, positive or negative.  That is to take in the stimulus before it set like concrete. Make it your own. Let it energize as your own energy signature.

The third method, I call phased cloaking.  Let the stimuli pass without 'interacting' with it. It's not ignoring it, as that would amount to an interaction. That would also require a lot of effort as a lot of small interactions add up.  This is more akin to passive sonar where you 'infer' what is happening. 

Perhaps you can extend and adapt these methods.

15 hours ago, hanak said:

crowds and empaths? Advice

How do you guys deal with transmuting lots of negative energy out of people? I’m an empath and whenever I go to crowded places I end up taking in all of the negative energy and transmuting it. It exhausts me a good bit actually and I was wondering if anyone had any tips of dealing with large amounts of negative energy? 

This is not the definition of empath. This is a symptom of a core issue.

Edited by Pecos

This is where you start to learn Responsibility. If you feel a certain way in any given setting you need to ask your self why and follow the path of non avoidance. You do this until you full understand your self and why you feel that way. Once you are fully conscious of your beliefs on the subject matter you will let them go. I recommend doing this while journal ling for as many hours in a row as you can. Don't try to change your self just try to continually understand your self. 

You have to ask your self why it benefits you to feel the way you feel in that crowd. 

Also ask your how it is you want to feel in place of the feeling you are feeling now.  Keep looking for ways you actually have at least a little bit of what you want in relation to the subject matter in the present moment. That's all you need to start feeling better.