What is Expansion?

Can any of you provide a definition of what Teal truly and deeply means when she uses the word expansion? I only ask because if expansion is the sole reason for our universe's existence, I want to understand it in a deep, thorough, and meaningful way. While Teal uses the term frequently, I've never come across a video wherein she clearly describes it and it is not really something one can Google. 

I guess as I understand it, expansion is growth, and is thus bound to be in equal measures pleasurable and painful.  Is expansion important, or is it just all there is?

And perhaps I'm pessimistic, but what also comes to mind in the word is needing "more, more, more" and never or only briefly feeling full, satisfied, or satiated.  There is always more to take in, want, and explore and when one achieves the desire (is able to take it in), on to the next.

Sure, there are brief periods of bliss in moments of deep connection, achievement, self-actualization, and revelation, but once the dopamine release occurs, I am back to baseline (which I would typically describe as bored, if not uncomfortable or lonely). 

Any provocative thoughts, definitions, or reframes are highly welcome.

Thank you!

Edited by Ace

That sound about right. Expansion is growth.  Growth can include, experience and knowledge. Hopefully, a little wisdom to go along with that experience and knowledge in order to more efficiently use them; for you. But this is just, a loose definition, from my perspective. The difficulty in explaining it may come from the fact that each persons growth can be radically different or strangely similar. The shoes I wear in life, may not fit you. Certainly not perfectly. Even twins may have different expansions. For your pessimism, take the flip side. How many wondrous and exciting things may be out there for you to find. Of course life is also sometimes a minefield. The next step may be painful.  You won't need to worry about the dopamine if you loosen some of you expectations of what the next moment will be.  How many times do things go as perfectly as expected? What happens when they don't?

• Upvote 1

I can share what expansion means to me. Simply put, it’s like uncovering more and more levels of consciousness to be explored and it’s a never-ending process, for new questions, new conflicts arise with each progressive level and when you have gathered enough resources to solve the existing ones you have also created enough of new ones to be solved during the next cycle. It’s much like the learning curve – you start learning something new and the first knowledge you get is that of how much you actually don’t know, i.e. you become aware of it, and this awareness drives your further effort to actually learn, to fill the gap between not knowing and knowing. And then you find another gap, and another one and so on. I think the discomfort of knowing what you don’t know or don’t have is precisely the thing that keeps expansion in motion. If you would have everything you ever needed what's the point of doing anything? What's the point of existing? 

• Upvote 1