LittleCake

How to control body/mind when intense emotion happens?

How to control body/mind when intense emotion happen?

From my little understanding if you have negative emotions you vent it out to purify the mind.
You get negative emotions ingrained in your body(or mental impressions) when object that you are attached to can be taken away. So your ego gets intense reaction. 
So my goal is to be present  to cotrnol body/ming when this intense reaction happens. But intense emotions always happen by surpsise. And when this surprise happens I get stuck in my head. I can see pictures in my head(attachment being taken away). But after that I am like in a sleep/dream. It's like I am in someone's body and just looking as a watcher. And autonomous nervous system(or ego) gets control over the body and reacts to environment.  

Edited by LittleCake

I don't believe you can vent an emotion. Poof. Its gone.  Its merely the sensor signal in response to some stimuli.  IE. Let's say you almost burn your hand. A little to close to the flame. A  little fear of getting burned would be expected. An emotion neither negative or positive.  Notice how you can have several different emotions simultaneously, sometimes even contradictory. You think anger is bad. It's not that simple. Yes, it can be destructive and believe it or not, it can be constructive and helpful. It can be a motivator and a protector. You can focus on how you are reacting. Is it reasonable? It the reaction too strong? What other ways could you react to the stimulus? What other ways could the stimulus be interpreted?  If you are worried about how you are reacting, you may focus on understanding where the reaction was learned. How to redirect the reaction. IE.  A little anger might be helpful to freeing frozen bolts. At other times that might be overkill and destructive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, LittleCake said:

From my little understanding if you have negative emotions you vent it out to purify the mind.
You get negative emotions ingrained in your body(or mental impressions) when object that you are attached to can be taken away. So your ego gets intense reaction. 
So my goal is to be present  to cotrnol body/ming when this intense reaction happens. But intense emotions always happen by surpsise. And when this surprise happens I get stuck in my head. I can see pictures in my head(attachment being taken away). But after that I am like in a sleep/dream. It's like I am in someone's body and just looking as a watcher. And autonomous nervous system(or ego) gets control over the body and reacts to environment.  

Have you heard of the relaxation response? (Its a book)  ... it's basically the opposite of the fight or flight response, where you can train yourself to trigger relaxation.    In my experience, after having a meditation practice of repeating a short sanskrit mantra for five/ten minutes in a relaxing environment...  you create that time space reality to can return to, in a stressful situation, by using the mantra.  (My best experience of it was in a hospital waiting room)

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 11:04 PM, LittleCake said:

Ok, first of all:

Surrender to it entirely. If tears have to flow , let them be. 

Imagine you are being caught in a wave: the bestest thing you can do is to completely surrender  to the wave. If you don't... you drown!

Feel the wave and accept it: do not even think about resisting it, unless you want to resist your very own path to the journey of healing.

If you are being in a public place you can either choose to find  some place to "hide" and exercise or even better... decide that  what others may think when looking at you really doesn't matter.

But I know how difficult it is to do this in public, so first practice in your room the art of total surrender

Then, once you have been entirely trough it and back to less intense emotions then you can...

Disidentify with it :)

Hope this helps!

love and cheers,

Deneb

11 hours ago, Deneb said:

Ok, first of all:

Surrender to it entirely. If tears have to flow , let them be. 

Imagine you are being caught in a wave: the bestest thing you can do is to completely surrender  to the wave. If you don't... you drown!

Feel the wave and accept it: do not even think about resisting it, unless you want to resist your very own path to the journey of healing.

If you are being in a public place you can either choose to find  some place to "hide" and exercise or even better... decide that  what others may think when looking at you really doesn't matter.

Wow thanks Deneb😃
Now I need to find situation where I can practice surrender amidst chaos. And except meeting girls I don't think there is a better one=))

I don't feel that we can really  control emotions, however we can always stay in control of our bodies. Emotions come and go. It may be more difficult at the very peak such as in a moment of extreme stress or even anger. This why mental work is so important. Training your mind and focusing on your thoughts is one of the best things you can do for yourself @LittleCake! It is not always an easy process if you are just starting, especially if you had years and years of detrimental thought patterings. Re-wiring your brain takes time. If it looks easy when you see other people doing it, then it is because they have already trained their mind well enough and they know what helps/works for them, so of course, it takes less time to bounce back to a better state of mind.

• Like 1