Sign in to follow this  
authorofdarkness

BDSM: is it spiritually harmful?

7 posts in this topic

Kinky stuff hey, I used to play games with a partner. Its not really kinky but heaps of fun. We used to go out in public and then separate. Then I would find her and pick her up all over again and then go home and we would have that first time sex again. We did this when sex became a chore. Try it.

• Upvote 2

As someone who has used the internet a lot... I've seen some things. Often disturbing things.

My opinion on things like this, is this: basically they are taking something that is really quite horrible and twisting it into something that they take pleasure out of, to the point of reverence even.

In my opinion, that is a good thing. Taking unpleasant things and making them pleasant in any way possible is kind of what we should be doing... as long as no one is using it for harm, manipulation, or exploitation. Because realistically taking pleasure out of unpleasant things is the hallmark of "exploitation". But in some cases (in this case BDSM) - you aren't actually affected by it unless you choose to participate. No, not even if there's a famous book or film series about it. Because you still have the choice not to participate or care, and it just doesn't affect you. This is a good thing. However, genuine exploitation of people/groups/animals etc. DOES happen with this principle in mind, and the level of significance of that exploitation should be down to common sense in each scenario, because it can get damn subjective.

@Garnet you again educating me LOL

but I say 'ew' I can't hurt anyone for my pleasure for sure hahaha but awareness needed!