Broken_Mirror33

Pushing Your Face Into Your Own Sh!t: The Planting of Bodhicitta

Pushing Your Face Into Your Own Sh!t: The Planting of Bodhicitta

Flowers cannot grow without the muck.
~Thich Nhat Nanh

Tenderness. The feeling you have when your chest has been ripped open and your heart is exposed to the world. Never mind Chakras or Auric Fields. This is the experience that plants the seeds of Bodhicitta in your heart. Because you've never experienced such empathy in your life as the moment you push your face into your own sh*t! There is no other moment that rivals this in terms of the capacity towards empathy. This is it!

Being in the present moment with the pain and sorrow you feel in your own heart is one of the deepest connections towards empathy you will ever have. You're no longer trying to deny or suppress it, but you make the sacrifice to acknowledge it! This is the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross, and this is YOUR crucifixion!... I am Jack's burning hand!

Stop. This is your pain, this is your burning hand. It’s right here!
No what you’re feeling is premature enlightenment.
~Tyler Durden

(A work in progress...)

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
add content; add link
  • Like 1

Fight Club is my cult movie.

You can rewatch it so many times and always feel the same big mind blow.

Norton,Pitt and Mrs Bonham's performances are all exquisite.

It is also the movie that gave me respect for Brad :)

Deneb

• Thanks 1

I think I am finally able to differentiate the heart path from, let's say, Tibetan Vajrayana. Most "Orthodox" religions follow a path based on devotion and the heart. This is more akin to Bhakti yoga and, perhaps, Roman Catholicism. Everything has to do with the heart and generating empathy. That's why the term Enlightenment is confusing to followers of Bhakti it means the heart to them. Why anyone would want to spend all their time focusing on the heart is beyond me!

It's like they never get around to the 3rd Eye or they simply don't care about it! The esoteric traditions are more akin to Vajrayana where everything's about the 3rd Eye. But as long as you have enough compassion to generate Bodhicitta or you understand what that means, honestly, you're good. (I mean, move on already!) Personally, I'm a Psychonaut, I'm not interested in becoming a Mother Teresa!

I'm positive that's why there is so much sex abuse and pedophiles in the Bhakti traditions. Indian Bhakti traditions are just as plagued with child molesters as Catholicism. This is what happens when you get someone under archetypal possession of the lover's archetype. Although, magi are susceptible to archetypal possession, they're more likely to be able to contain the numinous without it destroying ego structures! (You can't control the demons in Solomon's brass vessel, if you let them destroy the temple!)

That's why I love people who are a match to the magus archetype--we're the Jedi knights of the spiritual community!

...May the Source be with you!

• Like 1

To know yourself.....your entire self.....

(I don't prefer the terms good and bad or evil when talking about the 'self' ...... No........)

The pleasant aspect and the unpleasant aspects..... How else are you to grow and expand.... or have enough awareness to do so.......

But where to go after this goals is well underway.......

Help others to expand..... be the spark that lights their fire..... experience bliss as they expand on own..... perhaps becoming a spark themselves.....

(kinda sounds like a dedicated teacher or mentor......)

Miles to go before I sleep... miles to go...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1