Love4Angels

Euthanizing your pet - what are their feelings on it?

Euthanizing your pet - what are their feelings on it?

I would love some spiritual insight on when considering euthanasia for your pet.

Currently I have a sweet 12 year old dog who is has a bum leg due to nerve damage. Her pain has increased this past week and we don't want her suffering. Surgery nor amputation is an option. She's on medication to help but is still in pain and isn't very mobile because of it. She sleeps a lot and doesn't want to move much.  

I would love to do spiritual healing for her myself (as Teal said we all have it in us to do) but I am no where near where I'd need to be in my spiritual journey to do this, I have tried. I am just so new.

I wonder (as I'm sure many others do or have), what is the will of my animal? Would she prefer to be returned back to her eternal self?  

It is heartbreaking to watch her be in pain and also that we are considering euthanasia due to her quality of life. It would be extremely helpful to hear what Teal's spiritual perspective is on this topic.

Edited by Love4Angels

Whatever happens. Your dog has had a pretty long life. It sounds like there is more going on than just a bum leg. Have you checked with the vet to make sure she's not on too much medication. I'm hearing you say she sleeps a lot. I'm not a vet but have had the experience in which a dog, a great German Shephard, was over-medicated and was way too sleepy and lethargic. First, the dosage was cut in half, then changed altogether to an alternative painkiller.  Doesn't hurt to double-check.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! We give her cbd oil (for doggies of course) and a 1/2 pain pill when she's really hurting, sometimes twice a day if needed, which seems to work okay for her. We only started that these last couple of weeks now as she yelps and whines when she moves too quickly or the wrong way. But really she's always been a bit of a sleeper, but definitely more so over the last 6 months. She lays down mostly as that's where she's most content.

I litterally screamt in the street when I felt my cat's soul passing away... He would attack me and wounded me seriously... He was my furry  baby... His name is Octave.  

One f...in month after my Mom's death!!

😢...

😠...

🤮...

💔

love,

Deneb