Nicci

The separation of calling ourselves lightworkers

The separation of calling ourselves lightworkers

I can sense there is something wrong with using the term lightworkers - as spiritual people, healers, guides etc. Teal made a comment in one of her interviews (I hope I can remember this correctly), about how using the term and language of being a lightworker can create a very wide gap between people. As people who work in this field do we therefore have a responsibility not to use this term (that creates separation) and to encourage something else? Such as oneness. Does anyone else think also this is an incorrect way to reference people/ourselves in the spiritual/new age industry? I heard someone say recently and I sense it to be true, that none of us are awake until all of us are awake, which further justifies why using the term lightworker doesn’t really make any sense, right? 

Edited by Nicci
  • Upvote 1

The need to separate is a symptom. It could be financial, emotional, for personal growth, for validation, a fad etc.

Before the lightworker was the shaman. Authenticity had it fifteen minutes of fame. Everything coconut is getting long in the tooth.

Every generation has it's cultural evolution. I think this one is more insightful and progressive than all previous versions.

Edited by Pecos
  • Like 2

I think it's because everyone is a lightworker in their own way.  And sometimes our egos get the best of us.  This causes separation. Hope I understood the question correctly.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply! Yes this makes sense. I guess I want to know a bit more about why this creates such separation, psychologically. 

Anything that is 'us vs. them' will cause separation for humans. Kelly mentions the ego; Pecos identifies it as a symptom. I agree. Did the person who coined the term 'lightworker' want to attract followers or clients? Does a tri-Delt feel superior to a Kappa? (Does anyone actually know the difference)? Titles, jargon, and emotion have a large effect on any human interaction. I sympathize with your reluctance to adopt the designation, as it's use may inherently affect the work with those who may need it most. Though, conversely, your concern for pure intention will probably compensate for any difficulties the language may present.

• Like 1

'Lightworker' doesn't cover everything. But it has its place. It's a role, a piece of the quilt.

Seperation isn't going anywhere. I rememeber some of the videos about one-ness and integration... part of it is that division is going to continue to be a part of the whole, maybe forever. Forces work to seperate, and forces work to integrate. Sometimes one outshines the other, somtimes they're balanced, sometimes they switch over and over... It all fits into a dance of patterns and forces, and way down in the midst of these huge forces, almost too small to see from the big-picture, are us, living our everday lives.

We move through the big, abstract forces around us, following the tides of the collective unconcious and so... sometimes we need to be lightworkers, sometimes we need to be shadowworkers (...shadoworkers? Someone help me on that spelling, heh). The trend is towards everyone awakening, but I think that the point that it's a multigenerational objective gets lost in spirituality discussion sometimes*. Integration means taking in the patterns of the whole... and learning those patterns also means you can know where you're at within those patterns, and trying to make the best choices for everyone. Sometimes that means only embodying one little thing at that point in time.

Sometimes what a situation demands is a lightworker. So for then, a lightworker can be the perfect thing to be.

*I read a really neat factoid the other day that underlines how short our collective existence has been. It's only been somewhere along the lines of 83,000 generations since the first proto-humans evolved (using a measure of 30 years per generation, apparently there are multiple measures for generations). It's been about 5000 since modern humans appeared. It's been about 300 since we learned writing. It's been 73 generations since Emperor Qin demanded his alchemists devote their lives to finding the elixir of life, 66 generations since Ceasar Augustus started the Pax Romana. It's only been 7 generations since the industrial revolution started. We've come a long way in a short time, but that underlines, to me, how much further we need to go before we're fully awake as a society. Only 2.9 generations since the Holodomor, 2.4 since the Holocaust... Plenty of horrible things going on even right now...

We're only just starting out on our journey. There remains a place for every role.

Edited by Done Now
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lightworker is just a word used to communicate.  Could it be,that simply giving something a name places it in a 'collection' or 'group'? On top of that. How many words have move from the core definition. Some curse words were derived from benign origins.  'Ass'. Derogatory. Backside. Donkey or mule. Take your pick. Kinda depends on who is using a word and how its being used. Context can also affect the perception of a word.  Don't let other people take control of your words.  Nothing wrong with 'lightworker'.

• Like 1

Any label/word we use will always have its limitations no matter how wonderful and insightful the intention conveyed into the word was.

Because words are words, so basically anything we may identify too much with may cause a "separation".

Like me using the word "starseed" for myself and others (even though they might not even know yet;) can cause me to feel alone sometimes so I try not to identify too much with it.

As long as we will need words to express and understandeach other, we will be at risk for causing or feeling a "separation".

I guess this is why they say silence is golden. :)

I also wish our society was... a telepathic one. 

❤️

Deneb

• Like 1