alice_emma

Constantly Changing Friends

4 posts in this topic

Constantly Changing Friends

I have noticed that I seem to almost have a rotation of friends every few years or so. I understand that this is due to changing environments and evolving as a person, but I don’t have many people in my life that have been a very close friend for a very long time, I don’t know if this is because I am evolving and those people are a vibrational match to me at the time that I meet them and when I start to feel a slight polarisation I recognise that I’m not a vibrational match to them anymore, or if it’s something wrong that I’m doing. I don’t really have any conflict with these close friends or arguments, it’s almost like a seasonal change where I feel the friendship has shifted, or my perception of them has shifted, and I still love and value them but feel the need to meet new people. I hope this makes sense, can anyone else explain or experience similar things?

Our culture incorporates many static qualities but life is fluid. We change as we grow. Our path, our career, our desire can lead us to like minded people. It's a good place!

• Thanks 1

Life is very fluid.  Look at it from different perspectives. You talk about the 'I' perspective. What about the 'Us' and 'You' perspective.

'Us' or 'outside view' or 'third party view' or 'birds eye view': Were you AND your friends growing in different directions? 

'You' or the 'other side view': Were there changes in your friends lives? New friends. Different job. New hobbies. Etc...

We can get Life confused with Life. Singular as in your life. Plural as in everyone's life; kinda like each thread this wonderful fabric is a single person's life.

I've seen whole industries come and go. Brands come and go. Products come and go.  Get get too nostalgic.   The ride is just getting interesting.

• Thanks 1

It could be that you are evolving and shifting, in which case that is awesome that you don’t let your old friends hold you back! 

A possible shadow side is that you might be avoiding commitment/closeness thus avoiding hurt/pain.