Sign in to follow this  
Ushi

Why are people drawn to music festivals?

Why are people drawn to music festivals?

Aside from the basic draw of need for community, on an individual level is it about true self expression (authenticity) or more about self disguise (comfort in no one knowing who we truly are)?  Thoughts?
I'd love to hear Teal talk about it so let's manifest it into an episode.  (Submit >>> ask Teal)Peace & love

I've never been to a music festival myself, though I already have many concepts in my mind of what it might be like, what would be there for me, etc. Take what I say with a grain of salt.

I mainly think of the types of people that may be there. I think a music festival might just be a gathering ground for my type of people. Generally those who are in Stage Green (Spiral Dynamics) including hippies, new agers, psychonauts, etc.

Anonymity is something you can find in many other places besides music festivals so I doubt this is a main reason people go. The type of music at the festival will also be a major determining factor of the type of people who will be there, so people of like mind will inevitably find themselves free to express and connect with each other. Does this mean that everyone there will be completely authentic, hell no, definitely not that simple. Self deception is everywhere.

Edited by wildwestrom