Dannika

Spirituality on a low budget

Has spirituality become something only people who have money can afford? I have noticed over the years when I did workshops and course how much it really costs.  I have also noticed that people who have spiritual business charge their friends for a session for tarot or reiki or other therapies. I have always struggled with that. Even when I could afford it I have stopped going to workshops or reiki due to the cost people charge. When you read books on for example Witchcraft, the amount of items you need for a spell or ritual are also not doable when you are on a very low budget.Or the books you are suppose to read when you get into a certain spiritual path. Don't get me wrong, I can afford it all but I question the 'spirituality' of spiritual shops/courses etc when something has gotten your interest and you want to learn more.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put all the healers into this category but I understand what you mean. Economy today is different from 100 years ago or so. People need money to live, pay for the house, buy food... Not like they can just get it from their backyard... although it is an option... A few healers that I got to meet or heard of were not charging a set amount because helping someone with their health is simply the right thing to do when one has the ability to do so. The "pay" was also whatever people could afford or help back in other ways. This is how some of the healers like Baba Vanga ended up being taken care of and protected by the people/community for their gift. Even Mr. President had to get in line and wait for an appointment to hear his fortune telling. Yes, Grandmother Vanga was blind but she could see through the dark. I remember when the people were building the church where later Vanga was burried, she looked at the contraction and said smth like "it's tilted.. move the bell a little bit to the other side..." because she wanted to make sure the bell hangs straigh. Amazing, right? What's also interesting they build The Temple of St. Petka on a place of a crater of an extinct volcano. Holy location. 

Btw often times when people are very good at their craft, it's obvious and when other people recognize them, they can't take money from them. In other words, healers are also known to have a free pass. 

Rasputin was supported by Romanovs. 

Wolf Messing was almost killed by Hitler, however Stalin didn't get as upset for his predictions and knowing the month of his own death, decided to prepare instead. 

Reiki , other courses, workshops and retreats may not be in the same category and aimed for a different audience. 

Also a lot of information is available online for free. 

Edited by Garnet
Added information
  • Like 1

Sooo.... I actually attended a workshop today😊

Went with this question in mind and wanted to understand what's the difference today.

It feels that free information such as books, videos... is meant to push or make us work on our will to do something. That's why it is often called "self-help".

Once a person is more aware and allows himself to make better choices in life, he becomes more selective and understanding about the work other people do, he narrows down the choices to the best in the moment and therefore doesn't mind paying. It becomes not only about the knowledge or other services but also about the experience he wishes to have.

Imagine walking into a beautiful dark room where ambience is  set by candlelight , crystals... maybe a black crow and a frog... nice table in the middle with a crystal ball... tarot cards ...and a woman dressed in her witchy fashion greeting you with her hands accessorized in rings and long nails. Not something you normally see, right? This is why it is an experience and people pay for it. The witch, on the other hand, can happily update her inventory accordingly with the season, the moon and her mood to entertain the eye.

As to healing, people actually would pay anything to help their love ones. The problem with it I think it creates bad karma when the healing is done at the cost people can not afford, which hurts them even further. US medical care is a good example. It should never be like this. And I am only talking about basic health care. All people need to have access to the doctor. 

Health, love, friendships... etc. no money can buy.

• Like 1

If humans are animated by a spirit, then everything they do is spiritual.

If you are beginning to question the value of your search, then perhaps your higher self is ready to stop pursuing and to start building something more permanent.

Teal, being on YouTube, provides incredibly valuable information for free. Countless books are available in libraries or second-hand shops at little to no cost. Is spirituality a hobby or a way of life? Golf, running, music concerts, attending certain churches - all of these can suck away as much money as you could ever earn if you let them.

When I have come to crisis moments or decisive cross-roads in regard to elements of life that are truly important, the key ingredient is always what is inside of me. If my attention, energy, or money is going towards something that is not bringing growth, then the solution was that I needed to change.

I totally agree with the essence of your question and used to be disappointed at 'missing out' on so many things because of money. But I kept pursuing the truth I desired and found fulfillment based on that true intention and not because of anything I purchased or with anyone else's help. 

I think that is at the core of Teal's work. She gives us the words and the insight we need to pursue the specific healing that each individual needs - if we are willing to commit our own efforts fully to our own freedom.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 2:31 AM, Dannika said:

Has spirituality become something only people who have money can afford? I have noticed over the years when I did workshops and course how much it really costs.  I have also noticed that people who have spiritual business charge their friends for a session for tarot or reiki or other therapies. I have always struggled with that. Even when I could afford it I have stopped going to workshops or reiki due to the cost people charge. When you read books on for example Witchcraft, the amount of items you need for a spell or ritual are also not doable when you are on a very low budget.Or the books you are suppose to read when you get into a certain spiritual path. Don't get me wrong, I can afford it all but I question the 'spirituality' of spiritual shops/courses etc when something has gotten your interest and you want to learn more.

Boy I am with you there. I think it is right to get paid but I do sure appreciate Teal and others who share things of real substance that you can use on youtube.