jocind45

Wisdom tooth eruption

Wisdom tooth eruption

Hey, I am a 21-year-old. I had my first wisdom tooth a year back. It was a painful experience and there was a dull ache in my gum. But, the pain eventually settled and the pain went away after using some pain killers. Now, I am having another wisdom tooth directly underneath ( lower side). I think this time the pain has doubled. I can't just withstand the pain. I think that there is not enough room in my mouth for the new wisdom tooth to grow.
Now, my mouth looks as if both of my new wisdom teeth have made the molars crooked. I am not concerned about the aesthetic damage , but I am worried whether it would increase the crookedness of my mouth. I wore braces when I was a teenager. Is this the cause of crookedness of my mouth?
Anyways, I am planning to undergo wisdom tooth extraction from a clinic in Brampton Is it required to remove my wisdom teeth in order to avoid the crookedness? Is there anybody over here with similar experience? Please share.

You're correct Pecos. All four of my wisdom teeth were removed long ago. Small narrow jaw size caused teeth crowding before my wisdom teeth emerged with a slight angle. The spacing of the teeth made them difficult to clean between. Also had to have braces to fix the 'bite' or how the teeth mesh together. Think of scissors that no longer cut smoothly because the blades aren't aligned. If I didn't have the 'bite' corrected, the impact on the teeth would been accelerated wear. The tightness contributed to aggressive tooth decay too. When the wisdom teeth emerged, they started to deteriorate and crack. One was extremely painful and all four became infected. All four removed at same time with no problems. An excellent dental  surgeon removed them. Come to think of it. I apparently had an extra root that he missed. The surgeon was a little embarrassed that he missed it. No charge for the extra removal as there is little to no pain in teeth without roots/nerve. Since that time, tooth decay/ cavities greatly reduced. No teeth pain due to tooth on tooth contact. Keep in mind too, that  the mouth is very closely connected to the bloodstream, it is your mouth after all,  and can become a quick vector for dangerous infections.  My health has improved a hundred fold. Fewer colds and yearly allergies reduced.