Sign in to follow this  
twisted love

how does spirituality explain BPD

7 posts in this topic

(from wikipedia "BPD"): The cause of BPD is unclear but is believed to involve both genetic and environmental factors.

Whenever you hear something like this, you know there's some serious bullroar afoot. Psychology and psychiatry, while they may have started as sincere inquiries, quickly became tools of social control.

I believe the spiritual answer for BPD is something like this:

We live in a messed up world. We live in a world where only the material aspect of reality is acknowledged, and anything higher than this is regarded as illusion or fantasy. It's a horribly backwards way to live, and it conflicts with our inner being to such an extent that it causes severe trauma.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, walt said:

Help did not come from conventional mental health care as these people are clueless. 

Thanks for this, I too found the conventional 'help' clueless. It's good that we can confirm this too each other, and indeed we should every chance we have. I think it is the general opinion for those of us who have risen above. I salute your power, brother.

• Downvote 1

If you have bipolar disorder you could have unexpressed energy held within from events past gone.

If that's true then they are overflowing causing near instant or instant shifts in polarity.  Overly happy to utterly miserable, relaxed to anxious, crying to blank face.

What helps that is not only realizing the cause but making it a point to find balance in your day 1-3 times at least.

Rebalancing oneself centers perspective and allows for one to drop back into the objective seat.

22 minutes ago, twisted love said:

ugh i wanna see what you guys mean. but i am stuck in the conventional world

Then work from there, BPD itself is a social convention :) 

If you think you have it, check out link, it's the clinical parameters of BPD from the DSM-5.

https://www.clearviewwomenscenter.com/borderline-personality-disorder-dsm-v.html

BPD is usually formed in one of two ways. 

1. It is formed through trauma usually in childhood. 

2. It can be a learned behavioral pattern from a parent.

Finding the cause is important because one is substantially easier to fix than the other, also different approaches are used to treat them.

If it's the first, a person who is traumatized as a child, and a split occurs, there's a part of that person that stays at the stage where it was traumatized, which is why reactive attachment disorder is often a symptom of BPD. To work through it, Shadow work is in order.

If it's the second, it's pretty much becoming aware that you are only exhibiting learned responses and behavior modification is needed. 

hope this helps :) 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, authorofdarkness said:

Then work from there, BPD itself is a social convention :) 

If you think you have it, check out link, it's the clinical parameters of BPD from the DSM-5.

https://www.clearviewwomenscenter.com/borderline-personality-disorder-dsm-v.html

BPD is usually formed in one of two ways. 

1. It is formed through trauma usually in childhood. 

2. It can be a learned behavioral pattern from a parent.

Finding the cause is important because one is substantially easier to fix than the other, also different approaches are used to treat them.

If it's the first, a person who is traumatized as a child, and a split occurs, there's a part of that person that stays at the stage where it was traumatized, which is why reactive attachment disorder is often a symptom of BPD. To work through it, Shadow work is in order.

If it's the second, it's pretty much becoming aware that you are only exhibiting learned responses and behavior modification is needed. 

hope this helps :) 

i was just curious but thats an intresting perspetive....i do not have BPD. i was just curious as  i feel pyschology pathologizes things that seem normal and cool in spirtuality like disocisation