Sign in to follow this  
tsunami

My first understanding

My first understanding

when i first looked into this information i was very interested , my mind had flown in all different areas i didn't know what was up and down... I kept an open mind. it hit harder when i found problems to which degree i was  understanding...  but then solutions seemed to come to me easier now to understand the big picture... i have a question do you think that the apple in Adam and eve.. the fruit of knowledge  was bad in the sense of the term ignorance is bliss. i think there is some truth to that in a way

Edited by tsunami
not everything there

Yes.   Absolutely the apple is bad in the sense that “ignorance is bliss”.    However, I think eventually you start to notice that everything we do isn’t causing bliss for everyone.   From there, we need to seek knowledge.  

On 1/14/2019 at 7:05 PM, Scot said:

Yes.   Absolutely the apple is bad in the sense that “ignorance is bliss”.    However, I think eventually you start to notice that everything we do isn’t causing bliss for everyone.   From there, we need to seek knowledge.  

you know....  i don't know

A friend of mine asked me this question not too long ago:

imagine you are a squirrel.  Like all squirrels, you dig caches of nuts all over the place to store your nuts for winter.  But also, like all squirrels, your memory isn’t perfect.   Quite often, You forget where you buried your nuts.  So you end up digging all over the place trying to find your caches and quite frequently, you end up digging up other squirrels nuts.  And also other squirrels end up digging up your nuts too.  One day a magic genie appears and makes you an offer.  The genie offers you the chance to have a perfect memory so that you never forget where your nuts are.   Do you take the Genie’s offer?

Do you think you will be happier in your ignorance when you forget where your nuts are, or happier with perfect knowledge of where your nuts are?

(more on this in another post later)

Edited by Scot