JazzHands

How do you stop your heart consciously?

I've heard of yogis claiming they could do that and Teal said it's possible in an episode of Shadow House or whatever it was called.

Anyone has some good sources on how to actually do that?

Why would someone be interested in something like that? Sorry, I can't help but to find this question to be  very suspicious 

I've read about people slowing the heart rate to the point of the pulse being difficult to detect, but not stopping the heart. There were lab tests done on some yogis who were making the claim that they could slow or stop the heart. None were successful. They had limited success, as I've mentioned, slowing the rate of flow through breathing techniques, but little else.  Both the heart action and breathing are autonomous function of the nervous system that we have little control over. If you want to learn to control your breathing and heart rate, you will require focus but not concentration. It can be relaxing and energizing.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:30 AM, Garnet said:

Why would someone be interested in something like that? Sorry, I can't help but to find this question to be  very suspicious 

lol whats wrong with that its a thought i thought about it. its a control thing like shit i can stop my heart  wait i stoped it now how do i put it back on shit! shit! and wow i control it? like. you never wondered that? like have you ever thought what makes my heart move?

Nothing wrong with asking some questions. But you can understand that it can be a scary thought that you would stop your heart and potentially do significant damage or die. I think concern was part of that comment.

It's ironic though, that in some surgical procedures I have learned about, its actually desirable to stop the heart for a short period of time. But its not something to take lightly without some retrospect. 

Have you ever paid attention to publicized events where they try things like this. Usually have a paramedic or doctor on hand just in case. The buddy system of a sort.  The heart, which is a muscle,  functions on electrical impulses delivered through the nervous system.

Probably why they shock someone to get the heart started again.

• Like 1

I have read somewhere the claim that a yogi could get his heart to skip a beat on cue.  

Hearts skip beats occasionally.  That is no big deal. The ability to do it intentionally is the extraordinary part. 

23 hours ago, Scot said:

I have read somewhere the claim that a yogi could get his heart to skip a beat on cue.  

Hearts skip beats occasionally.  That is no big deal. The ability to do it intentionally is the extraordinary part. 

wouldn't it be awesome to beetbox with your heart.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2019 at 11:20 AM, JazzHands said:

I've heard of yogis claiming they could do that and Teal said it's possible in an episode of Shadow House or whatever it was called.

Anyone has some good sources on how to actually do that?

Yes, true Yogis who followed a special path in Yoga and mastered it can do anything/everything they want including leaving this plane on purpose if they feel their mission is fulfilled.

They can also fly back to their dead bodies if they feel like their students do not seem to really follow their true teachings.

It already happened once with a yogi -if someone could find his name I forgot I would be grateful:

This old yogi master was laying down on his bed at the hospital, commpletely at peace with EVERYTHING. He passed away smiling gently BUT...

Once in the afterworld he could see his students and relatives behave in a way that wasn't compatible with everything he had dedicated his life to teach them. It was such a shock to him he decided to correct things.

He fled back to his human body -leaving all docs and nurses in a state of shock.

He left the hospital and went to his students and said:

"I came back for I saw you didn't completely understand y teachings and I wanted to correct a few hings with you. You should be listening to me carefully, for I won't be returning next time."

But back to your  question:

There is a form  of yoga that enables this but I strongly doubt one can master it in a night.

If so, I wouldn't be typing here 😉

Deneb

On 1/29/2019 at 1:30 AM, Garnet said:

Maybe it is all about wanting back Source, some place better,  stopping the pain, you know

Deneb

20 minutes ago, Deneb said:

Yes, true Yogis who followed a special path in Yoga and mastered it can do anything/everything they want including leaving this plane on purpose if they feel their mission is fulfilled.

They can also fly back to their dead bodies if they feel like their students do not seem to really follow their true teachings.

It already happened once with a yogi -if someone could find his name I forgot I would be grateful:

This old yogi master was laying down on his bed at the hospital, commpletely at peace with EVERYTHING. He passed away smiling gently BUT...

Once in the afterworld he could see his students and relatives behave in a way that wasn't compatible with everything he had dedicated his life to teach them. It was such a shock to him he decided to correct things.

He fled back to his human body -leaving all docs and nurses in a state of shock.

He left the hospital and went to his students and said:

"I came back for I saw you didn't completely understand y teachings and I wanted to correct a few hings with you. You should be listening to me carefully, for I won't be returning next time."

But back to your  question:

There is a form  of yoga that enables this but I strongly doubt one can master it in a night.

If so, I wouldn't be typing here 😉

Deneb

Maybe it is all about wanting back Source, some place better,  stopping the pain, you know

Deneb

Very interesting story, Deneb

I am curious to know what happened next?

3 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Very interesting story, Deneb

I am curious to know what happened next?

The master yogi stayed until he sensed his teachings were finally gotten and practiced.

He then left for good (and on purpose) :)