Davids2leep

Why don't i have access to my feelings?

8 posts in this topic

Why don't i have access to my feelings?

I tried the completion process but i find that i don't have access to my feelings.. how can i practice emotional vipassana when the feeling does not change or shift? 

I have read “The Completion Process” but I have never officially done it.   

My understanding is that you allow yourself to sit with the feeling.  Don’t try to push it away:  “feel” it.  

And ask yourself “have I ever felt this way before?”   When was the first time that I felt this way?  The idea is to find the original story that is associated with this feeling.

The idea is that if you have an unresolved conflict still buried in your subconscious, then your subconscious mind will (maybe) bring up the story.  If the story was truly painful then you might block yourself from accessing the memory but for long term health and well-being you should push past the pain and try to find your unresolved conflicts and resolve them.

that is my understanding. 

@Scot What if no memories come up or surface at all? Then what should I do?

For example, I ask the question when was the last time I felt this way but i don't get any answer? 

If you want to discuss the details of what you feel, I would be happy to listen to it in private messages.  What is happening in your present life that is causing a depressed feeling in your stomach? If you want to answer that question in private messages, go ahead.  But I will tell you that I am not a qualified Completion Process practitioner or qualified as a therapist.  I’m just a guy with a big heart.

But if you want general advice, I would say re-read the section in the book on Step 2: emotional vipassana.  I just skimmed through that section again and the basic gist is that the emotional process of uncovering could take time and patience.  Give yourself time. 

Edited by Scot

@Scot How do I access memories when my subconscious mind won't let me do  it?

For example, I ask when was the last time I felt this way but get no answer? Why? 

Also, how do I access memories that are stuck in the past?

Have you tried asking someone who knows you well? Sometimes other people remember better than you do. It helps.