vincent

Short film about depression

I'd like to share , spotted fresh film about depression, is in Polish, I'm sure some of you will understand and with subtitles in English. Film is very authentic as the girl created that film about her suffering and coping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHQO_GmZpU&lc=z22xs34rvu2wjldbk04t1aokgowf2xwnqbkocdptlj3hrk0h00410.1546732388344215

• Like 2

I've experienced a major depressive episode and a couple minor ones. Of course, everything's minor after a bout of major depression. It seems like you shouldn't have survived it, but then you realize there are a lot of people who don't. So you view yourself as one of the lucky ones.

Even once I knew how to beat depression my symptoms started manifesting themselves more and more as anxiety and panic attacks. My psychiatrist told me anxiety and depression are two sides of the same coin and treated with the same medication. My levels of anxiety were the highest as I was finishing my degree; by then I was registered with student disability services because of the havoc it was wreaking with my classes. I was still able to graduate but it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.

I hate the stigma still surrounding anxiety and depression. I would go so far as to call it hate. I could tell you some stories about it that would sicken you. Most people think and act as if you are somehow a bad person because you are on medication for anxiety/depression. Some people go so far as to treat you as if you are dangerous. But I just tell them; "Don't worry, you're just projecting."

I think most people who are spiteful towards you simply because you have anxiety/depression are people with shame-based personalities. They literally enjoy kicking you when you are down as if projecting their own shame onto you. These types of people lack empathy and are disgusted by weakness of any kind. I've affectionately dubbed these type of people: "the cluster B people."

Nowadays, I look at my anxiety as a power and a badge of honor. It's because of my capacity for empathy towards other human beings that is the condition of my anxiety. Not the reason, mind you, but the condition. People with anxiety naturally fall on the empathic end of the spectrum that's a fact. So I look at my anxiety as being dependent upon my empathy. If it was not possible for me to feel anxiety, then neither would it be possible for me to feel empathy. My empathy must coexist with my anxiety. They must interbe.

However, I don't use this as a reason or an excuse to allow my symptoms of anxiety to persist, but at least looking at things from this perspective have allowed me to make peace with it.

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
grammar and style

I would also like to leave a special note, here, on the disgusting behavior of Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's) and other cult factions in regards to depression/anxiety and psychological illnesses in general.

I would like to say, at least "cluster B people" have an excuse for their lack of empathy. They literally can't help it--theirs is an inability to feel empathy towards others. Whereas the JW's and other cult factions are willfully ignorant. This disgusts me more than the idea of a psychopath--at least a psychopath was born that way! But choosing to be ignorant on the basis of some dogmatic doctrine is inexcusable and morally reprehensible! Shame on you!

JW's deserve to be ostracized from the rest of society and their religious practice should be banned, because it is nothing more than a cult. Plain and simple. It is a religion of exile. One that follows a replacement theology.

The problem is JW's don't understand their own religion, because they're not allowed to understand it. That is, since JW's don't believe in higher education. Your so-called "Elders" are morons (I should know, my brother is one!). And you have a lay priesthood--if you can even call it that!

Anyone who's  been educated at the University level could never be a JW, because there's no way they would believe the asinine bullshit and lies they were being fed! Your religion is an abomination! And you can shove your "New Order" up your asses!

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
grammar and style

On 1/6/2019 at 9:57 AM, vincent said:

I'd like to share , spotted fresh film about depression, is in Polish, I'm sure some of you will understand and with subtitles in English. Film is very authentic as the girl created that film about her suffering and coping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHQO_GmZpU&lc=z22xs34rvu2wjldbk04t1aokgowf2xwnqbkocdptlj3hrk0h00410.1546732388344215

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

16 hours ago, LonelyWolf said:

Interesting video.

I just wish the video would talk more about weaning off medicines, which seems to be possible.

I agree regarding medicine,

depends on part of the world you living you will take information differently, as the Poland is our neighbors we got similar culture also problems, in my opinion when you become more spiritual aware you'll withdraw automatically from all pills as understanding about how to cure body will change

I never sticking on one template on some sours of information because that just they own perspective and we just mirroring own experience in it

I'd like to share   another video about depression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoj2CuntmH4

may somebody finds resonance in it

best wishes