Sign in to follow this  
Ramses Rodriguez

Kundalini Experience

Kundalini Experience

Hello all,

I did a Kundalini meditation today. In general, most things I experienced were expected. I had my first kundalini awakening last year and I've worked with this energy only a few times for myself since then.

Let me get to my point quickly here. There was a moment where I felt like an aspect of myself was coming out of me. I started laughing hysterically. It was a kind of villain laugh. But then it went out of me and I felt its energy stare at me momentarily. It then left. I then felt at peace. I don't know what happened.

What was that? 

• Like 1

This is a very good example of how the shadow operates and "where" it is. I am glad you brought this up. Nice job on the Kundalini by the way!

We each have an energy that stands opposite to who you might call "you". It was your shadow. This is obviously simplistic and is narrowing things down where there is much more complexity than what is being said, but it's a good starting pint. As you cleanse from a type of awakening, specifically related to an energy release like a Kundalini, both sides to us will show more visibly as it temporarily fragments into [usually] two parts. This projection is actually also something people experience in regard to their HIGHER self where they may notice a formation, sometimes translucent, opposite them of their own self-concept and image. In your case, based on the mystical approach in Judaism to what the ego is, your "animal soul" is what came out, which is the part that is an inevitability of living in our world and is neither bad or good but is a product of both polarities making up the physical world. It projected itself and left as if to say/symbolize it was leaving you. In spiritual states though you can also see the phenomena that are always taking place, and so it could be the animal, which always moves about similar to the soul, making a movement. It looks though that you underwent a level of purification, and so I'd venture to say it was the symbol of a cleansing of that nature that wants to cause trouble in place of contribution, that was what had taken place.

• Upvote 1

I don't know, but a Jungian might call that archetypal possession. The archetypes are numinous in nature. So, it is possible for the ego to be temporarily replaced by an archetype. 

Examples of archetypal possession would be a person committing a crime and not remembering it afterwards (i.e. the devil made me do it). That's the archetype "possessing" the individual. I would tread lightly, here, and avoid activities that cause you to be possessed by an archetype.

Of course, I'm just speculating, here. There's not enough information in your post to determine whether this is or isn't the case. Only that you may want to exercise caution; you don't want to end up like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. On a lighter note, the peacefulness you experienced in meditation is a good thing.

Take care, precious!