BLACK_0C3AN

Astral Projection... More like Astral Rejection!

9 posts in this topic

I have been attempting to go out of body for about a year now. It's the same routine every other night... I lay down on my back, watch my breath, succumb to the gradual numbness of my body, and then let whatever needs to happen happen. Usually i get too uncomfortable on my back to continue for any more than 15 minutes. I couldn't fall asleep on my back even if i wanted to... 

Sometimes, however, i will end up on my back while sleeping and wake up in paralysis. I have successfully gone out of body twice this way. I woke up, took advantage of the total body numbness, heard a rather unpleasant cracking in my ears, and was on my way. My body went though a strange warp and i felt like putty. I will say that i got too exited both times and was sucked back into 3D immediately.

I understand that it's not imperative to my spiritual path that I learn how to go out of body... However i would love to get a taste of infinity.

Edited by BLACK_0C3AN
  • Upvote 1

i'm so jealous. it sounds like like u did get a taste...just a tiny taste tho. i've never experinced anything like that.the best thing that has happened is that i have gotton so relxed i feel asleep D:

do you know any tips or techniques?

Edited by twisted love

There is a 90% success rate method introduced by a russian guy name Micheal Raduga.
http://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

I don't agree with his theory about OBE, but his method works great on me. I successfully got out of my body 7-8 times the first time I try it, to many I can't surely count. I even walked around the house (my house looked weird then), took a pill, looked into a mirrors and seen my self dressed like an explorer ;)

Even though I am new to meditation , I tried a guided meditation for astral travel and had success the first time, only as I began to rush or take off so to speak , I was so excited and then bang. Straight back to reality. I must say though , it was way better than any drug or adrenaline rush I have ever had ! If I could do this but have a problem focus when usual meditation.

I really want to learn to leave my body, haven't done it yet... I tried a guided meditation to astral project, during the meditation it seemed like I blanked out and came to when the guided med was ending, it kind of freaked me out though because I didn't remember anything.  I intend to read the above mentioned book and work on it..  also I heard somewhere that if you twitch when you are about to fall asleep you have a predisposition to leave your body, has anyone else ever heard of this?  I have always twitched before falling asleep, my son does it too.   Sometime I twitch so hard it wakes me back up.

Sorry to be "negative" about this but the experts are unintentionally lying when they say anyone can learn it. I have studied this for many years and my conclusions based on my investigation and practise is this:

- It is completely natural

- It is learnable, and it is true that practise will improve it.

- It is, however, VERY fickle. Some people can learn it easily. Some people just can't. Some people have to keep at it for years before they get an explosion of results. Some people can just do it straight away. Some people will just never get results no matter how hard they try. I do not know why.

- I do not know why some people find it easy where some find it impossible. I have seen a wide range of people who are naturals to some degree. None of them can really offer any explanation as to why or how they could do it so easily.

- So, unfortunately, the people we look to as "experts" on the topic are actually clueless on the "why" and "how" of doing it for everyone else, no matter how much they say that "anyone can do it". If you look hard enough at these people, you can usually find they always had some proficiency for it, sometimes they learned it as children, sometimes they were just gifted, etc. It is true that some of them improved their abilities with rigorous practise, but ultimately the groundwork was already there. The only pattern I have noticed is that some people had parents who encouraged some meditation or dreams practise when they were children, and so that carries over into their adult life even if the skills are dormant and forgotten. When these experts say things like "anyone can do it like I can" they are kind of speaking out of a perspective of ignorance and privelege.

My honest advice? If it isn't working after you've put in all the effort, just give up and move on. Astral projection is an awesome, amazing, beautiful experience and if you can experience it then absolutely go for it. I think everyone has the ability to at least experience it a little, and it is worth it. But consistent, controllable, high-quality experiences? Only a chosen few it seems.