Mattws111

Spirituality has hindered my chance of a relationship

Spirituality has hindered my chance of a relationship

Hi there, 

I don't really consider myself a spiritual person although I have done alot of research and watched alot of videos on the subject but I suppose I get curious and my mind always want to know the truth.

For quite a while now I've felt uninterested in having a relationship, I feel disconnected from reality to be honest.

I think the concept of oneness and the idea that I am everyone else and seperation is an illusion has also been the culprit, why should I have a relationship if we are all 'one'? There is also the idea of life being an illusion too.

It's depressing sometimes knowing everyone else is getting on with their lives finding love and then there's me worrying about wether I'll ever be able to love someone and the possibility of me being on my own until I die.

Can spiritual people still have fulfilling relationships? I don't even want a relationship with a spiritual person but I suppose that's the only type of person I'll ever be able to relate to now.

Any ideas of what could help me or if you could share your thoughts on this, that would be great

• Upvote 1

I've read that the spirit enters the body at conception or  sometime around birth. If this is true then we are all spiritual beings.

Creating roads blocks to our success is a symptom of a bigger issue. Generally, the answers we seek are more emotional in nature than intellectual.

Relationships are a biological need. Not necessarily romantic ones, but humans cannot actually survive without relationships with each other. It sounds to me more like you are disappointed overall by people, or at the very least by the people you have met. I would look further into that. You don't need a romantic relationship, but the fact that you are asking if fulfilling relationships are possible seems to say that you would like them to be possible, but don't believe that they are. That is a trauma.

I personally don't crave a romantic relationship either, but I know that that is due to trauma. I am aware that I have a deep need for emotional connection with other people, and I never wanted that or thought it was possible when I was a child. I realized later that that is because my family life was so abhorrent that I thought that was all that relationships were - who would want relationships after that?

• Upvote 1

I am curious what do you mean by "relationship with spiritual person".

Personally, I don't forsee any relationship survive on food like crystals, spirits and dimensions...

It's important to stay grounded and realistic about material goods.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:15 AM, lightworker said:

Relationships are a biological need. Not necessarily romantic ones, but humans cannot actually survive without relationships with each other. It sounds to me more like you are disappointed overall by people, or at the very least by the people you have met. I would look further into that. You don't need a romantic relationship, but the fact that you are asking if fulfilling relationships are possible seems to say that you would like them to be possible, but don't believe that they are. That is a trauma.

I personally don't crave a romantic relationship either, but I know that that is due to trauma. I am aware that I have a deep need for emotional connection with other people, and I never wanted that or thought it was possible when I was a child. I realized later that that is because my family life was so abhorrent that I thought that was all that relationships were - who would want relationships after that?

You could be right about that, but as said before I think spirituality has affected my ability to seek a romantic relationship because of this concept of 'oneness' if I am everyone and everyone is me and there is no seperation then why should I bother? I hate oneness because I want to be a seperate individual and I do want a romantic relationship one day but I can't get myself to look for one.

And then life could just be an illusion so I'm stuck down a rabbit hole with that concept too so I kind of give up on life to be honest 

Life's disappointing and is full of harsh truths

11 hours ago, Garnet said:

I am curious what do you mean by "relationship with spiritual person".

Personally, I don't forsee any relationship survive on food like crystals, spirits and dimensions...

It's important to stay grounded and realistic about material goods.

I mean that I'm a person who didn't really want to get into spirituality but my curiousity got the better of me and I started to research so much about the subject that it's changed my life and it is probably safe to say that I'm a spiritual junkie or whatever you call them, does this now mean that I could not have a romantic relationship with someone who has never delved into the topic of spirituality because we wouldn't able to connect or have any common ground?

Edited by Mattws111

Oh, okay thank you for explaining, I see now. 

Generally those people who care and very interested in you, are going to listen and ask questions because they would want to understand and relate to you more, they may even look into it later. And hopefully you do the same for others.

This is how some of my girl friends got into sports they never thought they would, but because they fell in love with guys who were gamers, so of course, as  girlfriends they wanted to support them the best way possible. 

But if you ever encounter rude people who allow themselves openly roll their eyes on something that you are interested in, or worse even say to you "i am not into it" or "this doesn't interest me" and cut it short without letting you finish the sentence, than it's  absolutely fair for you to think "why should i even bother?".

Yes, common ground is important but it takes effort to grow from it. You can talk about something all day long but only applying knowledge into action or practice brings results. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For those of you who has been on forums for a while, have you noticed how there are now options available such as free membership or premium membership that often follows when you are financially involved with a certain group. Premium memberships are often "closed" for obvious reasons, in other words, they only visible for limited audience and not everyone can post there.

I see it as a step forward in the direction, especially  for those who are serious about what they do or what they are interested in because people's willingness to pay shows their effort towards that which they wish to achieve. That is of course, not a guarantee, because sometimes it can be hard to distinguish scam from something real, but the fact that people try is a lot already and eventually only those who keep trying get to where they want.

And it is the same when it comes to a relationship. 

• Upvote 1

Some random thoughts, here. Who said spirituality is fun? You should've taken the blue pill if you wanted to stay asleep. I mean, they don't call it the "red pill enema" for nothing!

Everyone has that initial moment where they go through an existential crisis, but it does get better in time. That comes with accepting those hard truths not running away from them. (Think Spirituality 2.0.)

As for me, I didn't have a choice, but even if I did, I'd choose the red pill every time. Something about my personality, I sink into my pain; I grab hold of the electric fence; I walk into the eye of the storm. Of course, pain is temporary; knowledge is power. Make friends with pain. Make pain your power!

That's the ultimate empowerment!... F*ck that pussy Enlightenment sh*t! LOL!

Edited by Broken_Mirror33
spelling
  • Upvote 1