edennbrownn@icloud.com

Lingering Trigger or Something Thats Actually Dangerous?

Lingering Trigger or Something Thats Actually Dangerous?

Hey everyone. Back in November when Teal had her Stockholm workshop I caught a couple parts of it. The part that I was a vibrational match to, that has me the most triggered is the young lady who was a match to somebody killing her. I recently started to go toward what I want in life so I'm not stuck in that same vibration. I was very afraid following that workshop and the fear has  subsided, kind of, though I still get triggered. Now, I recently started a new, romantically based relationship and it is SO exciting but in the back of my mind I wonder if he's gonna kill me. I'm still so worried that I picked somebody who means me harm. Please help me y'all. 

Im back, after watching some workshops and crying and talking to myself I realized that because of my fathers physical abuse, I am afraid of choosing a man who would beat me or be physically violent in any way and I would stay. Then by virtue of staying one day I would end up dead. It's not so much about this man being dangerous, he's actually a safe person, it is the abused aspects of me who are only trying to keep me safe by making this man a killer before I could ever get hurt. 

You are amazingly insightful and brave as you endeavor to heal. With all trauma and abuse issues we get triggered in different ways and by different things as we go through the process of healing.

I continue to be triggered from time to time after twenty years of counseling. The key for me is to recognize the trigger and survey what was happening at that moment in my life.

• Like 1

Both of you be safe.  Become comfortable with those triggers, but don't  ignore them or try to eliminate them. Recognize the trigger. Recognize your reaction. Slow them both down. Was the trigger a result of too much sensitivity? Was the reaction 'an overreaction' ? Maybe you just need to adjust and refine them both. What are the boundaries? Don't try to disarm though. If you really have been abused, you do need to be able to react. Be safe. Seasons Greetings...

• Downvote 1