Sign in to follow this  
Broken_Mirror33

King, Warrior, Magician, or Lover?

King, Warrior, Magician, or Lover?

Which do you identify with? Do you identify with being a King/Queen, a Warrior, a Magician/Priestess, or a Lover? Post your response here.

(For starters, I am a Magus.)

(*Note: Warrior and Lover are gender-neutral.)

Edited by Broken_Mirror33

Well I can't resist these sorts of things!

I think all the archetypes have their elements, times and places... but overall, I'm certainly no king, that suggests leadership and a want for dominance (eugh, no way, not for me)...

Lover would be nice, but it'd probably be unrealistic to try and claim that, that's a very tiny bit of life for me overall...

Warrior is a big candidate here, though I'd like it not to be. Pugilism and adrenaline are fun in the moment, but really unfulfilling ultimately...

Magus type is good, I associate that with learning, analysis and it's not incompatible with orneryness. But I feel like that'll be the 'prestige' label. Though it does fit my everday life best: not really at one with the others around me, but habitually using what knowledge and opportunities I have to create opportunities for them. I do what I can, with my knowledge of the world's systems, to help a bunch of people out with whatever's going on.

But it might fit the best, thinking about my ideal self, and my more routine everyday self. Certainly, that I talked more about the magus one suggests to me that it resonated best out of the four.

So, what's your reasoning? I think it's much more fun when people explain why they pick what they pick. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 4:04 PM, Sagittarius93 said:

I might be a king but I think that's cause I feel insignificant... but maybe I'm also a magician but maybe that's cause I'm a liar? Idk I think its maladaptive social behavior...

You probably are more in alignment with the Magician archetype... Archetypes work whether we're talking about healthy behaviors or maladaptive ones (i.e. subject to pathology).

But since you seem uncomfortable with being "seen" as the King archetype that seems to indicate that this archetype is in your shadow (these feelings of inferiority are something to work on in your "shadow work.")

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 6:30 PM, Done Now said:

But it might fit the best, thinking about my ideal self, and my more routine everyday self. Certainly, that I talked more about the magus one suggests to me that it resonated best out of the four.

So, what's your reasoning? I think it's much more fun when people explain why they pick what they pick. 

"Ideal self" versus the "everyday self," I like that!... It shows you understand archetypes correspond to the Archetypal Self or the "Higher Self," which is, of course, an ideal state.

My reasoning? No reasoning that's just "my" inner, personal truth. Archetypal psychology is a journey. (That's a poor metaphor, that is.) But that's just what I discovered at the end of my 5 year journey. My full type is INFJ. (Anyone who is Intuitive dominant would be a Magus in this system.)

Nope, no prestige, 'Magus' is just another word for Magician--I just think it sounds better, lol!

• Like 1

Understandable. The King archetype corresponds to people who are Sensate dominant types (IS- snd ES- types in the MBTI system), because the king is a very "down to earth" archetype. Alternatively, the King corresponds to the suit of pentacles (or coins) in the Tarot.